Monday, December 1, 2008

Black Friday!

(Picture has been removed because I thought I covered our CC #s....I didn't!)
Happy with our purchases

Thursday night, I did something I didn't know that I ever would. I stayed out all night to become one of "those" people, and shopped Black Friday like it had never been shopped before. Now, if you're around me frequently, you can attest to the fact that I LOVE a good deal. If I can stick it to the man, I will.

We started at 10 pm at the ModBod crazy sale. Since ModBod makes me feel like a fat cow, I actually didn't buy anything from there, but purchased a rockin' jacket instead. Just you wait, when you see it, you might die. From there, we went to the South Towne mall, where Utah's finest were awaiting us. They REALLY came out of the woodwork, seeing that the mall was open all night. We killed a few hours, I bought 2 pairs of shoes (also Rockin'), and we were on our way to Denny's, because where the crap else are you going to get Pancakes at 3 am?



This isn't a screwed up peace sign- I'm telling you all that it was 3 am

Post Denny's, we went to Kohl's. At this point, it's 3:30 am, and Kohls was set to open in 1/2 hour. The doors opened, we merged, because we were lame and didn't want to wait in line, and made a run for it like a bat out of heck. I had to have my vacuum. I was disappointed to learn that the vacuum that had been advertised wasn't even there; as in it didn't seem to exist. So, I dried my tears, and picked up a Hoover Windtunnel that was advertised for 165- or I thought it was anyway!

We wait in line for almost an hour to pay for our stuff, and once I finally got there, my vacuum rang up at $260, but on sale for $200. I threw a pretty decent sized stink, long story short, and the 17 year old kid gave it to me for $140 because he was scared. WEehoooo!

Next, we went to Target, where I got about 7 kids movies for $3 each. Hazen is getting to the point where I can let the TV raise him, and I fully intend on doing just that. KIDDING!! I also got a few toys for him, and Aubrey got her Dyson vacuum.

At this point, it's 6:45, and we went to RC Willey. This was my big-ticket item. They had 25 6-piece bedroom sets for $499. I HAD to get this! So, we waited outside in the rain for an hour and a half, sprinted into the store, and then came out victorious!! (This was after waiting in line for 2 hours to actually pay for the dang item!) It comes today, and I can't be more excited!!!!

Black Friday was a fun experience, especially because I got to go with my best bud, Aubrey. Next year? I don't think I'll be going to Salt Lake, and you better believe I'll be at Toys R Us at opening!!

Really Tired girls at 11 am

7 comments:

Jenibelle said...

I have never, ever done this!! I guess I'm not organized enough or I need my sleep too much...I don't know. One of these days!!

Jessica said...

Okay. I loved that you listed all of the stuff you got and for how much. I always wonder if it's really worth the insanity when I debate doing it. That bedroom set thing was amazing.

Doug Clark said...

Easy on the splaying of credit card numbers...it's been a bad year and I have sticky fingers :)

AnnEE said...

Crap, I thought I had covered them up! Will remove, stat!

Ashley Clark said...

I cannot wait to see the new bedroom set. Cherry sleigh bed, I see!

LinnieBell said...

We were at Kohl's on Friday morning, too, and when we got to the counter to pay, things were ringing up for higher prices than what the signs said...the checker lady didn't care and would NOT budge on any of the prices, even after we showed her the signs and prices in the catalogs! I was not happy with her, and she knew it, too! Not a good situation.

Emily said...

Man the fun I miss when I have a baby and a darn husband who works everyday of his life! Oh the sacrifices I make for them!