Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The Little Gym






I enrolled Hazen in The Little Gym a little over a month ago, and I'm really glad that I did! It was hard, in the sense that it was at 9:15 am, and he sleeps until at least 9:30 most days, so waking him up early and getting out the door was a little bit of a challenge, but I was always happy that I did! Hazen loved it! It was nice, because the age-range was a good match for him; 10 months to 18 months, so he was right on par with what the other kids were doing. I enjoyed seeing his capacities grow over the past 2 months, and it was good for him to interact with other kids, and also to try to test himself. I tried really hard when we were there not to "save" him, but to make him do everything himself. It was great, because we both learned a lot about his capabilities. I'm proud to say he never had any tears when he was there, and was much less whiny than lots of the kids there! :) It was a good chance for us to get out of the house and to be active. This next semester starts in 2 weeks, so I'm excited for all that we can do then!

0 comments: