Saturday, December 13, 2008

Gross.

I am usually so DILIGENT about making sure that the bathroom doors are closed. I can't always insure that our bathroom door will be closed, but I make sure that the lid is down, and for added measure, we don't even put the toilet paper on the roll, which is slightly annoying, but traditionally saves us from messes.

Imagine my surprise when I turned my back for 2 seconds, realized that it was a little too quiet, and saw my darling child up to his elbows in toilet water. In good news, he's the only child, so it's not like he has any older, potty-trained-but-not-so-great-about-flushing-the-toilet siblings around, but STILL. Gross.


11 comments:

Ali said...

How cute is that last picture? I love the expression on his face. It's a defense mechanism children... to look absolutely adorable when being naughty.

Amanda Fetters said...

AHHHHH worst nightmare!!! Actually my worst nightmare is that she is going to fall in the toilet and drown. Second worst nightmare is that she is going to get into the kitty litter, which is in the bathroom (and it's happened). But you seem like a very sanitary person, so I am sure that your toilet is very clean. No worries there.

Grandma Turtle said...

What? No drinking cup for the thirsty boy?

Gabriella said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gabriella said...

That is too funny! I love the look on his face in the last picture, pure enjoyment.

Don't feel too bad, today Kate's diaper wasn't on very well and she pooped all down her leg and onto the carpet. When I found her, she was smearing poop all over the carpet. That was Gross!

mamasuisse said...

You're a truly dedicated blogger to pause for pictures before freaking out and sterilizing the little guy. This post brings back some not so fond memories, and unfortunately, I do have big potty trained but not flush trained older kids. Huge yuck!

That big bowl of water, right at his level, is just too tempting. Because of that, the best toy investment I ever made was a water table. It didn't cure the toilet play completely, but it actually helped quite a bit.

Kirsten Krason said...

Ha Ha!!! At least he isn't drinking out of it like our dog.

Unknown said...

HE HE!
He's so cute! What a darling picture!

We found a fridge magnet someone let slip into the toilet just yesterday.

Hazen5 said...

That Hal, he's always up to something!

Send me your new address!!!

April said...

Yummy! Sticky fingers, potty hands, and hummm a treat to clean up all in the end. Children are the best.
April

Emily said...

Yep that is gross.