Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Who needs Elves?



When people see Hazen, knowing that it is Christmas time, one of the first questions that is asked traditionally is, "Has he completely terrorized your tree?" He's actually stayed away from my tree like a champ. I think the fact that Grandma and Grandpa have a train around their tree that scares the living crap out of him has helped. (Thanks Mom and Dad!!) He likes to look, and occasionally touch the sprigs of the tree, but really, he's only taken an ornament off twice. He promptly gave it to me, I told him, "No no!", and that's the last of it.

However, my little Santas helper is more of a Santa's hinderer. The kid will NOT leave the presents alone. He was good for a few days, but since then, it's all gone down hill. Finally, this morning, I just allowed him to unwrap the big present in the front, because frankly, I'm sick of fighting with him about it, and let's be honest....it doesn't make a lot of sense to get mad at him for doing something that I'm going to be encouraging him to do in 2 weeks!! Needless to say, he had a great time. Lets hope that he has it out of his system now!

6 comments:

Aubrey said...

When lil Boston arrives, I fully intend on using him as my scapegoat as to why the presents labeled "Aubrey" have been peeked into.

until then, I will blame the puppy.

Sam said...

We don't put out our christmas presents until like the day before for that exacty reason!

Jessica said...

Why is he so hilariously busy?! Love this and the previous post--and he's so serious about his "work".

Hazen5 said...

Why Wrap?!

Gabriella said...

That's great, he is going to love Christmas Day! Isn't this age so much fun!

Doug Clark said...

Oh, you're one of the parent types that says "no" to your child. I strongly disagree and feel you are irreparably damaging Hazen's self-esteem and emotional stability. Instead of saying no, when my future children misbehave I plan on putting on a devil mask, towering over them and screaming profanities...but never the word no. Mine is a much more nurturing approach.