Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Sweet as Sugar


You know how everyone thinks that their own child is the sweetest ever? Well, obviously, I am no different, however, I have PROOF. Hazen is as sweet as sugar.

Brown sugar, to be exact.

I have a little boy who smells like Maple Syrup or Brown Sugar ALWAYS. For a while, I was actually really concerned, because I'm pretty sure that smelling sweet is a sign of diabetes, but according to others, it's a sickly sweet smell that signifies the illness, not the lovely smell of Mrs. Butterworth's that seeps out of my little darling's skin. Now, don't get me wrong, the boy loves his oatmeal. He has Maple Brown Sugar oatmeal about every other day, toast, eggs, cereal, and English Muffins the rest of the days. However, regardless of what he's eaten for breakfast, if he's had Oatmeal within the past week, he will smell like Maple Syrup. Traditionally, after breakfast, we have a bath. It's not unreasonable to imagine that the Syrup smell would dissapate after a good scrubdown, no? Before we leave the house, as Mama is getting ready, Hazen loves to join me for a good teeth brushing. The boy lets me go to TOWN on both his upper teeth, lower teeth, and tounge. I would imagine that syrup would be gone after all of these drastic measures, wouldn't you?

No. It's not. You can smell the scents of Vermont from at least 3 feet away. In some ways, I'm immune to it, but I can count at least 6 accounts of the last week of people informing me that my baby smells like syrup.

Admit it, you're jealous you don't have a baby as sweet as mine!

3 comments:

Grandma Turtle said...

hmmmmmmm. There's probably an explanation for his sweet aroma. You can never smell other foods on him? I think you should see if you can get him to smell like chocolate. :)

Unknown said...

Brigham too! Why is it that the smell of maple oatmeal sticks forever. How funny!

I loved this post!

diane said...

He is yummy.