Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Over the River...

Tonight, we took a long, tedious trek to obtain a Christmas Tree. We were eager to go to a lot to find the best tree money could buy. This is Hazen's 2nd Christmas, but 1st Christmas not as a blob. This tree needed to be AMAZING! Since gas is so cheap, we were willing to drive as far as necessary to get the tree of our dreams.

Hazen loved being in the wilderness. Even I was in my element!!





Yeah, ok, We went 1 mile down the road to Smiths. $25 bucks later, we got ourselves a tree that wasn't dead, wasn't too tall, and I feel pretty confident should it fall on my baby, it won't kill him. Done and done!

11 comments:

Emily said...

Oh- You had me going there for a second! Get your tree up and then you can come and do mine! Oh we are moving next week!

Anonymous said...

You totally had me. I was like, "Where the heck did she go? Aren't there Christmas tree lots EVERYWHERE?" Foiled again.

queenieweenie said...

Don't you love that smell in your house? It's divine.

Annalee and Buck said...

That picture of Hazen asleep on the floor is priceless. Ha ha and congrats on tree find! I can't wait to get ours :)

Linsey said...

They have fresh trees in Venezuela (I say this because there were only fake trees in Peru) and we thought we would buy one just cause (even though we won't be here for Christmas). Then we found out they were $250!!!

Maybe while we're in UT I'll stop by and see your tree and that will be enough?

Unknown said...

I love that picture of you behind the tree. SO CUTE.

Kirsten Krason said...

Love it. Your tree adventure sounds awesome.

Grandma Turtle said...

Your hair is back long again! How'd you do that? You just got it cut, I thought.

Maren and Blake said...

I love Christmas. I am sure Hazen will have even more fun decorating the tree. Make sure to take pictures of that.

Ashley Clark said...

You're such a good mom--buying a real tree. Doug and I saw a gorgeous fake one at Target and almost bought it. Then I reminded him that we would have to store it for a year, and that we won't even be home for Christmas. So, we're going to decorate my 2-foot college tree again.

Paige said...

That sounds easier than a fakey. Have you put the dreaded lights on yet???