Monday, December 1, 2008

An Orphan's Thanksgiving!


This year, it was Jason's parent's year to have us for Thanksgiving. Seeing as they are living in Paraguay on an 18 month temple mission for our church, we decided to stay here. THEN, my parents decided to jump ship and go to Florida to be with my mom's favorite daughter...erm, my sister, Heidi who lives in Orlando. Heather and I were not to be deterred! Brad's mom, Wilma flew in for the weekend, and Heather invited over some great friends from her ward, the Otto's.



Jason and I were in charge of a Pear Gorgonzola salad and Stuffing. The pear salad was gross, so I didn't bring it, and we made the stuffing. (Read, I napped while Jason made it all. Aren't you jealous I nabbed Jason, and you didn't????) Our dinner was a sight from heaven! Brad and Heather made the turkey on their super-duper grill on the rotisserie. It might be one of my favorite turkeys I've ever had! We had so much food, wonderful appetizers, and about 35 pies!! Heather decorated the table SUPER cute, (I'm actually kicking myself for not getting pictures of it!), and the children were delightful!

This was Hazen's first Thanksgiving not as a blob, and he did not disappoint! He gobbled up turkey, as per usual, as he's a carnivore like his daddy!

Thanksgiving was the perfect kick-off to a fabulous holiday season! There's something different about the Holidays when you have a family of your own. Here's to many more!!



3 comments:

Jenibelle said...

Lauren was an orphan this year. She hated it. BUT the good news is that she hated it so much that she will never spend the day by herself again!!!! (Oh, she did have that husband of hers, I always forget!)

Ashley Clark said...

Yum! Can I please come next year?! I will pretend to be an orphan.

Annalee and Buck said...

Fun! Hazen is getting so cute. I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving and I CAN'T believe you and Aubrey were up all night shopping like that!! I would die! I've never shopped on black friday a day in my life. I don't know how you guys do it. But I always later regret not having the things I want for the sweet prices :)