Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The Mo-Tab






Aubrey's longtime friend, and my new-ish friend Sam's mom had extra tickets to the Mo-Tab Christmas Concert, and I was lucky enough to be one of the recipients! I was so bummed that I wasn't able to get tickets, so the invitation literally made my day. I woke up really sick that morning, and was very nervous I wouldn't be able to go, but I got in the shower, rose to the occasion, and was glad that I did.

We started the evening off at Thaifoon. It was ok, but super overpriced. Give me my Thai Chili Gardens ANYDAY. I would have taken a picture there, but the lighting was SO dim, that even with a flash you wouldn't have been able to see us. I used the light of my cell phone to read the menu. After dinner, we were a little short on time, so we had to hoof it to the Conference Center from the Gateway. If you didn't know, and you're wearing heels, it's really far away- don't do it. I still have the remnants of blisters on my feet.

We got seated just fine, and tucked in for a great concert! The Mo-Tab, flawless as per usual, didn't disappoint. I could have done without their headliner. He was too Broadway for me, which is fine, but when it comes to the Mo-Tab, I'm a total purist, and I don't think that ANYTHING other than clean, beautiful music should be paired with it! It was still a great evening, and it really helped me feel the Spirit of this season. I'm grateful for beautiful music that really moves me.

2 comments:

Aubrey said...

Flamboyant guy kinda ruined Christmas for me.

Also, I think its a good thing I bought the maternity coat, as that one is looking a little strained in the buttons area.

Amanda Fetters said...

Luckyyyy!!

Hazen is so way super cute.