Sunday, December 28, 2008

Merry Christmas!


This Christmas was so much fun for me! For our entire married and engaged life, Jason has always trumped me with gift giving. We'll set a price limit; he goes over. I tell him something I want, and not only does he get me that, but he gets me more! It has made me feel slightly crappy about my gift-giving talents. Until this year! I've been working like a little elf for the past month or so trying to get Christmas all ready, and I really enjoyed it.



Christmas Day started by us WAKING Hazen up at about 8:20. I remember my mom used to have that problem with me. They would wait until 9 or so, and then finally wake me up, because they didn't want to have to wait until noon to do Christmas! We headed over to my parents house in a snow storm- we definitely had a white Christmas this year. When we got there, everyone was waiting for us. I couldn't hurry us over though, because one of the rules of Christmas is before you can open presents, you have to have your bed made, hair and teeth brushed, so we had to do that!
We took our traditional picture on the stairs. I have one of these pictures for every year of my life! It's strange though, because this year, instead of being the one ON the stairs, I was the one at the foot of the stairs taking the pictures. My, how things change. The Hazen kids had already opened their family presents, but Santa was sure to follow them to Grandma and Grandpa's house. Finally, the fun for Jason began! The gifts started off with a helmet flashlight and hook for his turnouts. I also gave him a red Turnout bag. I think he was excited about it! Then, for the past month, I've been sneaking off to the Robison's house everytime that Hazen would take a nap and sewing Jason a giant fire quilt. It's roughly 8.5 ft by 9 ft. It's giant. We can probably fit a village in it! He was very impressed with my sewing skills. Lastly, I surprised Jason with an Ipod Touch from Hazen! It was engraved on the back, and Jason says that other than having Hazen home for Christmas last year, it was the best present he's ever recieved!

After presents, the Danielsons came up, and we had waffles by Grandpa- another tradition in our family! Who wouldn't love the holidays when you have such wonderful traditions in your family? This year's waffles didn't disappoint- they were delicious, and had plenty of melted butter and whipped cream to top them with.






Jason had to work for 6 hours on Christmas, so while he was at work, Hazen and I came home and had naps for a few hours. It was so enjoyable! For Christmas dinner, we had YET another Hazen family tradition, and had Prime Rib. It was melt in your mouth delicious, and my dad even made creamed horseradish! Max went to town on the mashed potatoes, and Hazen surpised us all and fed himself with a fork with only minimal mess!



To finish our Christmas Day celebrations, we decided to see what would happen when you let off fireworks in a blizzard. We most definitely let them off too close to the house, but that's part of the excitement, right? Right????? It was a wonderful Christmas Day, and I'm so grateful that I was able to celebrate with those I love most in the world!

1 comments:

Hazen5 said...

You did such a good recap on all the holiday festivities! Can I just cut and paste your blog onto mine?

We miss you already and counting the days till march!