Thursday, December 25, 2008

Sunday and Monday of Christmas Week!





Rob and Rachel and their family arrived for the Holiday adventures on Saturday night. We had a delicious meal of Pork Loin, Veggies, Rolls, and Salad. It was fabulous. On Monday morning, everyone came to my house for breakfast. If anyone knows anything about the Hazen family, it's that we know how to eat! I quadrupled the pancake recipe, and we only had 3 pancakes left over! We also went through 2 packages of bacon, and 18 eggs. Not too shabby, huh? From the time that the family got to my house to the time that they were ready to leave, there was at least 3 inches of snow on the ground.



We drove up to Grandma and Grandpa's house, and commenced the playing in the snow. Actually, to be more accurate, I stayed inside with the babies and any kids that got too cold! I made cookies and lunch for the kids/adults playing outside. It was so much fun to be inside, warm and cuddly, while the people that I love had fun all around me.






Monday night, for family night, we went to Heather's house. She made Chicken Noodle soup, that was not only delicious, but so hot it could burn your insides- perfect for such a cold and yucky day! We ended up getting 8-10 inches that day! For our treat, we had Homemade Doughnuts. You haven't lived until you've had Heather's doughnuts. I think I still might be full from them- they are so sweet, but so awesome. After we had all eaten our weight's worth of doughnuts (to the detriment of some stomachs the next day), we went downstairs in the basement and talked for a while. It was relaxing, but fun!

0 comments: