Thursday, June 26, 2008

I am the mother of a Crawler

Is it possible to feel like this simultaneously?



I do. Please, let me begin by saying that I am counting my blessings. I have a darling little boy who is hitting milestone after milestone, and I couldn't be more grateful and proud. However.... It's really hot. And Hazen is making me really tired.


We've been having a BLAST spending almost every day at the pool. Hazen is good for about an hour, which I think is a pretty long time! I'm putting him in a Mom and Tot swim class because he keeps on dunking his head in the water, and I need to know what's ok, ya know? Sometimes instead of getting him dressed after our swim, we just throw him in one of our shirts, as is evidenced above!

So, back to the exhaustion that is my child:

Yesterday, I found him eating trash. He really has this puppy dog thing down.


When he takes baths, he's realized that he knows how to crawl in the tub. Real safe, Hazen. He even likes to dunk his face in the water and stand on his knees to knock off my shaving gel and dad's shampoo. (*Side note: Why dad needs shampoo is still beyond me after over 2 years of marriage)



TODAY, he went down the scary hallway all by himself until he reached the end of it, where the playroom sits. He's only been in there once, which was yesterday, so the fact that he remembered what was down there has been amazing me all day. What a smart baby I have! He played down there for about 45 minutes. As long as I heard him banging on things, I felt ok with him being down there!

In other news, Hazen had his first non-hospital related blood loss today. We were at Heather's house, and she threw him across the room. Kidding- he was trying to pull himself up on something, he slipped, and then split his lip pretty good. It was really sad- he had a fat lip for a while. He recovered from it pretty quickly though. Later on, he also was pushing on his highchair (yes, Mama forgot to lock the wheels), it slipped out, and he bonked his head on the tile floor. He now has a goose egg, and I have lost hearing in my right ear due to out of control screaming for a good 15 minutes. I'll be a more prepared mom tomorrow. Seriously, his getting into everything happened over night! He's so much fun though!!

20 comments:

Grandma Turtle said...

His development seems right on schedule for his age. Are the Dr.s telling you it's okay to stop worrying now? Hazen is so cute!

Annemarie said...

I LOVE the mischievous (sp?) smile!

Mandi said...

how exciting! it just gets crazier when they learn to walk! each phase is so fun!

Marisa said...

Swim class! How fun! I teach a parent-tot swim class (as well as a few others) and it is so fun. If you have any questions about babies and swimming let me know!

Sarah said...

Holy cow, you have such an adorable kid!!! I LOVE that you stopped and took a photo of him eating trash... hey man, you gotta feed the blog addicts!!

Also, we went to a lake thats about 20 minutes from our house, and apparently the next town over is Hazen!! I took a photo of the 1 of 2 stores they have there (pretty sure it is also the only building with people in it in the whole town) but I haven't uploaded it yet! I will after we go tomorrow again to the beach.

I love your baby!! Seriously, he is amazing and so adorable!!!

Nortorious said...

Ha! Cry me a river. Try being 8 months pregnant with a feral toddler.

Tristan said...

He is adorable! But, mobility is the root of all evil! ;)

Aubrey said...

I love the visual of your long scary hallway.

very effective.

Unknown said...

Cute bathtub picture!

Megan and Jonny said...

How old is Hazen? Or, more to the point, exactly how many months do I have before I need to lock every cupboard in my house and block both stairwells?

At least he's still adorable, even while eating trash. Good luck.

momala@grammy.com said...

The hall is only long and scary when he meets up with the vacuume.
He must feel like he has found playland in his own little house. Ya for Hal!

momala@grammy.com said...

PLEASE TAKE OUT THE TRASH

Hazen has not had his Hep A shot.....

heidiram said...

Thanks commentary from universal precautions mom. And cute cute Hazen. I am so glad he is crawling and getting into so much mischief. That's a good thing.

Hazen5 said...

He's getting so much hair! Does he ever stop smiling?

Gabriella said...

That is so funny he was eating the trash. I know how you feel, isn't it amazing how one day they just sit and play, and the next they are into everything. He is so stinking cute, even if he is terrorizing your house!

weeze or Alissa said...

oh yea, where are your permenant markers?? I see artwork in Hazen's future.

totally different question, how's that secret shopper thing a going?

diane said...

I'm so glad you're chasing him around. He's wonder boy!

Michele said...

Hazen is one happy baby. It's true, Moms of crawlers never get a break.
Adorable pics.

Kylie said...

I love how kids can turn into little monsters overnight! Once they are mobile all hope is lost. Good luck to you, my friend!

queenieweenie said...

The joys of motherhood.

Watch out..they just keep coming!!!

Hazen is such cute, happy guy.