Saturday, June 14, 2008

I love my Baby-Daddy


I had the chance to go on a date tonight with my hubby, sans baby. This was one of the best dates we've been on in a long, long time. We laughed, talked, told stories, kissed, and I fell in love with my husband all over again. He even made me blush!

2 1/2 years ago, I made a choice that outweighs all of the other good choices I've made in my life. I married Jason in the temple, where we were sealed for time and all eternity. Let me tell you- if you're stuck forever with someone, it had better be Jason.

Was Jason my "best friend" when we were married? Not exactly. We're so different, it's hard to say, but he is certain things. He's my confidant, my cheerleader, my LOVER...weehooo, my rock. He is the source of all things good in my life. Sometimes, I can't sleep for fear of losing him. I know, I'll be with him forever, but my love for him now is overwhelming.

My love for Jason grew more than I ever thought possible a little over 10 months ago, when the best present he could ever give me came into this world. Jason has grown as a father, and taught me many important aspects of being a parent in general. He has been right by Hazen's side in all of the traumatic experiences he's had- meantime providing for his family.

I have a husband who wakes at 5am, goes to work, goes to school, and still comes home jumping for joy to see his little family. My child has a father who wants nothing more than to see him smile, and gets teary-eyed when he does new things. (Don't tell him I told...)

Hazen will grow up confident that he has a father that loves him. Hazen will also grow up confident that he has a father who loves his mother. I will grow old grateful for both of those facts. Words can never express how much I love my husband. I am eternally grateful for everything he is, and everything he helps me to be. One day isn't enough to shout his praises, for he's the best father I could ever hope to give my children. Happy Father's Day, J. I love you, babe!


(If I die, please bury me with this picture, until I say otherwise, ok?)

6 comments:

Linsey said...

This is sweet, what a great guy you've got!

Yes, we will be in UT - hooray!

Email me (linseycrisler@gmail.com) and let's plan some play time.

Gabriella said...

He sounds like a great husband and father. I'm so glad you married such an incredible person.

the wrath of khandrea said...

so,the mojo is a mo-go? thumbs up?

you're welcome.

Tristan said...

He's quite the catch you got there! You guys make a great couple and are a cute little family!

Beckers said...

All I can say is that I hope everyone is as lucky!

Unknown said...

You have such a sweet little family!