Friday, June 20, 2008

Strawberry Days, Pt 1

This week is Strawberry Days in PG. It's so much fun! There's something about the vibe the city gets- it's so cozy and fun. I love it! We went down to the fair on Wednesday. Jason was on duty with the FD, so he got to be all cute and festive in his uniform. Good thing I got a picture of it....

We went to get some food with some of his fire friends, who, I'm so excited to say, are turning into my fire friends! I love it! The corn dogs were rockin'.

Meet Jason and Aubrey. They met in the ER, and from then on, it was true love. We really like them. She's super funny, but she never updates her blog, so perhaps THIS can be some sort of initiative for her. Last night, we decided to go out and play with them. I wasn't expecting to do this, so I didn't wash my hair. Sweet.

First, we went to Outback. The food was rad. They took 45 minutes to get our food to us, so (Aubrey's) Jason complained, so we got the whole meal comped! We then went home to drop the baby off with his (get this) FIRST EVER NON-FAMILY BABYSITTER!!! The mighty James Pickard came and watched Hazen for a few hours. He is the most delightful boy in our ward- my entire family is obsessed with him! Unfortunately, Hazen was totally uncharacteristic of himself, and cried a ton, and wouldn't go to bed until almost 10- this is OUT of control for a baby who is down by 8 like clockwork! Hopefully James will still want to babysit for us.

After we left Hazen with James, we went to the Strawberry Days Rodeo!! This was my first experience at a rodeo! It was a ton of fun- even though it kind of stressed me out. I can't imagine WANTING to be worked by cows and bulls. Also, even though I LOVE hearing about Jason's job, and the crazy stuff that happens, I don't really want to actually SEE the accident occur.

During one of the "cow breaks" or whatever you call it, they had two guys who did MotorCross come and perform. It really stressed me out, because I was afraid they would die. Jason R. would keep on turning around and laughing at my distress. We also had Strawberries and Cream, which was awesome, but the picture I took of it was less than awesome, so I'll let you use your imagination.

One of the truly amazing feats was my Jason's maneuvering the Dorango out of a very crowded parking lot. Sometimes he's such a jerk in parking lots, which makes me afraid we'll get shot, but grateful that he's not totally a wuss about getting out.

We loved hanging out with (other) Jason and Aubrey. (ummm, guys, can we devise a way to specify which Jason is which, because this is getting to be a pain). We're also going back to the fair tonight for Hazen's first experience on a Ferris Wheel. Pray that my family doesn't die in my pursuit of a "first-time" picture.

4 comments:

Mostly Leighanna, some Jordan said...

no there is nothing inherently wrong with pastries. i think there may or may not be something wrong with women who spend all day making said decorative cakes or cupcakes and think they deserve a lifetime achievement award for decorating a stupid cake. and spend multiple hours on multiple days doing. maybe that's just me, or maybe you have to live here to get it.

Amanda Fetters said...

R and I were talking just the other day about going to the rodeo in Logan, mostly because neither one of us have ever been to one before and have no idea what an actual rodeo actually entails. So R goes, "But why would we go to a rodeo?" And I said, "Oh you know...it'd be like, a cultural experience, right?" And then we had a debate about whether the word "cultural" can be applied to something like a rodeo. I say it can. Having now experienced one, what do you say?

And all of this reminds me about how, in one of the RS lessons last year, it mentioned a rodeo, and my darling parents had to explain to the saints in India what in the world a rodeo is.

Ashley Clark said...

My brain is weird tonight, so my thoughts aren't transitioned in any form.

I am still looking for Jason in his FD uniform in the first picture. Am I blind?

Aubrey is really cute. YOU are really tan.

Also, I thought you hated fairs. Wait...that's me.

Hazen5 said...

Talk about a "White Trash" night! (Rodeos, Fairs) Don't take that the wrong way, I would have been right there with you!