Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Peace Out, Mullet



I have a confession. My son had a mullet. This wasn't entirely his own doing. In fact, most of it was my fault. His hair was growing at an alarming rate (I guess hair does that...), so one day, I took the scissors, because I simply couldn't handle having that nasty hair growing over his ears, and I haphazardly cut his hair. This was a bad choice. It was totally uneven, and in one fell swoop, I gave my 10 month old a mullet.


After being taunted by his aunt and Grandma for a while, I finally relented, and allowed him to have his hair cut at STYLIN' (you must say this with a voice high enough to slightly crack), on Friday. My one rule was that she not clipper his hair, which she kind of did anyway, and it's slightly uneven, and a little short for my taste, but hey, anything beats a mullet, right?

I think blonde women kind of throw Hazen off. Especially if they look anything remotely like me. He's like, uhhh, you kind of look like my mom, but you're not as dazzlingly beautiful like her, and your voice doesn't sparkle like hers either, but you're really confusing me. It makes me laugh. All that business about the beauty and sparkling voice is true, too. He told me.


11 comments:

Paige said...

I definitely think I will try to cut my boys hair myself - we will see how well it works. If not, Lorin is pretty good at man haircuts & if all else fails - the kid can have a buzz. Hazen looks so big getting his hair cut at a salon. I think you should have taken pictures of the before & after for us all to see.

the wrath of khandrea said...

could you be any more enamored with your child?

plus, you know what they say about the mullet... business in the front, party in the back. that's a manly man's cut!

Unknown said...

I love your cute new blog, and your cute baby. I need to take some scissors to Brigham...Lincoln too. I give REALLY BAD haircuts though...

Ashley Clark said...

What? I never get to see the mullet? Shame.

Hazen5 said...

I loved his mullet! But he is cute with any hair style.

Amanda Fetters said...

Ha, ha! R actually suggested the other day that we give L a mullet on purpose, just because it would be funny. Riiiiight. L is like that with other bearded men, too -- they are instant friends because, hey, Daddy has a beard and he's a nice guy, so you must be nice, too, right? And I love how you bring your camera with you everywhere...it's awesome!

Ali said...

The quality of your photos is fantastic.

You aren't smitten with him, are you? It's hard to tell. Just Kidding!!

Aubrey said...

so, a chipped front tooth AND a mullet?

might as well just put the Durango up on blocks and start buying stock at the Wal-Mart.

Tristan said...

Thank you for not letting your son have a mullet! He's a cute one!

Nortorious said...

You could totally rock that blonde girl's hairstyle. Also, maybe it wouldn't take 35 minutes to do it.
I like your close up.

diane said...

Cute haircut little man!