Thursday, June 5, 2008

I'm coming out of the Closet

In a way.

So, remember the time that my sister did a triathalon? (I don't know how to link specific blog posts, so use your imagination). Remember how I cried and was weepy the whole time because it was so inspirational??

Good. Now that you've had your memory jogged, I'm coming out.

I'm attempting to do a 10k with Heather in July. In order to see if I can do it without dying, I'm doing the "Strawberry Days" 5k. I've been training, thanks to this site, so far, so good. Minus the fact that I don't really have 6 weeks, and I'm only on week 2 of training. Today, I skipped a few trains to try to get up to speed. I.got.worked.

Anyhoo, that is what I'm doing. Check up on my to make sure that I'm not eating pringles and chocolate covered graham crackers (my favorite!). But hey, even if I am, just make sure I'm running!

12 comments:

Heather said...

I am so glad we get to do it together! Jason can order breakfast for us when he runs it in like 3 minutes.

Anonymous said...

Hooray for you, you little go-getter! I'm a crappy runner, even though I try to run all the time, but I'm trying to get better and I wish we could run together. I am so proud of you!

diane said...

Run, run as fast as you can you can't catch me I'm the Hazen man!
You go with your bad self girl!

the wrath of khandrea said...

wow. honestly. is there anyone i know who's not running a marathon these days? even celia's got her thing going. diane? hang out with me on the sidelines. bring your cane. good luck to you, bruce lee.

Annemarie said...

You are a rockstar!! I am soooo impressed with you guys!

Grandma Turtle said...

Hey, after Strawberry Days, please do a post all about it. I'm thinking about having my family reunion during Strawberry Days next summer, but I don't know much about it. Are there any fun places to stay down there, for about 30-40 people? It will be nice to see a picture of you at the race. Good luck!

Tristan said...

Annee G, ;) I am impressed with anyone who wants to run. Good for you! And it didn't dawn on me that Annee G rhymed with Anne Lee! I guess I am just that good!

We will be in Utah for the 4th of July and then again for my birthday July 26th! I would love to hang with you and Heather!

Ilene said...

Um, doesn't all of that training mean you CAN eat those pringles and chocolate covered graham crackers?

If not, what is the point of exercising really?

I'm totally digging the mint-chocolate covered Oreos myself.

weeze or Alissa said...

YEAAAAAAA!!!!!Oh you'll catch the bug too!! We could do a cousin 5K!

Gabriella said...

Way to go Anne! That is awesome, and inspirational for me...I've been wanting to do a marathon for years I think you just gave me the motivation I need to actually do it this year, thanks!

Paige said...

Hey, are you still running? Just checking up on you. Way to go. I might get into that - someday, maybe. We'll see. Right now my exercise is going out to get the mail & downstairs to do laundry...that counts right? Cute back ground. I haven't actually been to your blog forever - dang google reader!

Emily said...

I know I'm like weeks late on this, but that's so awesome you're doing a 10k! I suck at running.