Sunday, May 18, 2008

I'm a working woman again....

Kind of. So, I've been almost distraught because of the stress that the current economy is giving me. Gas prices- way up. Price of food- way up. I feel like I'm doing my part, because I really don't drive that much, plus I coupon clip, and on average save at least 45-60% of my weekly grocery trip. We're also trying to cut down on when we eat out (trying for only once every other week....we'll see....), and doing everything that we can to conserve. For the first time in our married life, we are in a financial situation where we don't STRESS out because we don't have enough money. However...we don't have so much extra that we can put aside money to save for a house, develop a really good food storage supply, and save some for a rainy day.

Enter my dilemma. I feel like I should be making some money to contribute. But I KNOW that it's my job to raise my sweet baby, and be a great wife to my hard working hubby. WHAT DO I DO? Well, Heidi, you've inspired me. I've started Mystery Shopping.

This is Hazen eating a Chocolate-covered Strawberry at a unnamed Provo location, which, incidentally FAILED miserably on their form that I had to fill out.


Ok, he didn't really eat it, but was really stoked that we let him squish this in his hands, suck on it, and then slam it on the table. He's so cute.

I did my first job last Thursday. They all require me to go to Provo, for the most part, so I try to do 2-3 a day, so as to conserve on gas money. Some just make me go into an establishment, ask a few questions, then fill out a small write-up. The compensation varies, but by the end of this week, I will have made over $250, and received 3 free meals. Not bad, huh?

What a blessing.

16 comments:

Annemarie said...

That is so cool!! How did you get that gig? Fill me in
amow3@yahoo.com

Hazen5 said...

Sounds fun and filling!

paige said...

That's awesome! I did a little mystery shopping but I ended up hardly making anything because of the way it was set up, probably a different - stupider - company. You go girl!

Unknown said...

Wow. How did you get into this?

Heather said...

So cool!!!

are we shopping in the a-yem?

Ashley Clark said...

Ok, what? I need to get in on this action!

Hannah said...

I need to do this too! Will you email me??
hannahcraner at gmail dot com.

I love that "unnamed" restaurant you went to!

the wrath of khandrea said...

what? you get paid to eat strawberries? i totally do not have any idea what you're talking about. mystery shopping. what's that?

Grandma Turtle said...

Thanks for all the cute pictures of that little Lee boy of yours. We'll add our prayers to yours for sure. You've had miracles before, and you will have them again. You picked a good option for earning some extra funds, and you don't have to leave Hazen anywhere. Go You!

heidiram said...

Yeah for mystery shopping. And I was not trying to copy you with my post. I had no idea you posted about work. Promise.

Kirsten Krason said...

Sorry I couldn't come with you. Try again another time!! I got a new job today so my schedule will be different. I want a free strawberry!

diane said...

Cool job...they are lucky to get your opinion!!

Linsey said...

What a great idea. Good for you all around - making money (work), saving money (free meals) and um free meals.

Those chocolate covered strawberries with your meal are my favorite thing about that "unnamed" location.

Dave said...

I'm guessing that PayPal worked out! Nice on free meals just for your opinion. I should try that sometime. "Hey, how about you let me eat for free and in return I'll tell you what I thought of it?"

Dave said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brandi Lyn said...

I think this is so freaking rad. I've heard about this, but never known how to get into it. Do they have it in Vegas, do you know???