Monday, May 12, 2008

I'm a Mom!

I now officially have 4 days a year to claim as "my own". Birthday, Anniversary, Valentine's Day, and Mother's Day. My first Mother's Day was amazing! I had my whole family (almost) here, and life was great. We only went to Sacrament Meeting, which was great, because we were fed and napped by 2. Perfect! Jason and Hazen were as sweet as can be, and they gave me Roses, A Gift card, and a Baby Food Cookbook I've been wanting. Exactly what I was hoping for!!! We took pictures after church:


For dinner, we had Prime Rib, Twice-Baked Potatoes, Rolls, Asparagus, and Salad. It was awesome! We figured that RJ probably ate at least a pound in meat. Jason better watch his back, because RJ might give him a run for his money size-wise one day!! I was too busy having fun to take pictures.

We took naps, and then enjoyed the evening outside. Afterwards, I made Chocolate Chip Cookies, and we had "Papa Nachos" in honor of Papa. They were rad. I don't think I'll ever be hungry again.


I am grateful for my Mama. She has done so much for me and our entire family. She's a good mama, and she has taught me how to be one, too. She also loves my little boy so much, and he loves her!

I am also so grateful for my sweet husband, and perfect baby. Without them, I wouldn't be a Mother. In my 9 months of actually being a mother, I have learned so much, and grown so much. I never knew it was possible to love like I love my sweet baby. He brings me so much joy, and makes my life so full. There is nothing I would rather be doing with my life than raising a son.

9 comments:

Hannah said...

Congrats on your first mothers day! You have fabulous hair!

Annemarie said...

Happy (first) Mother's Day (a day late!) I'm glad you had a good one & got to spend time with family! Hazen is too cute!

Ashley Clark said...

You guys are so photogenic!

the wrath of khandrea said...

i love the picture of you tickling his tummy. too cute!

Jessica said...

So glad you got to be with your dad (and mom) on mother's day!

paige said...

Awesome family picture! I am such a slacker & missed Easter & Mother's Day! I am glad we aren't the only ones that just went to sacrament (even though we left Polly at nursery with Lorin's mom!) I am glad you had a great "first" Mother's Day & with a family like yours they will only get better every year!

Unknown said...

Happy Mothers Day! You deserve it!

diane said...

I love Tyra! You will be a great Mom because you were taught well!

Hazen5 said...

Tell Jason he's a light weight compared to R.J.!