Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Able to Function again

Jason's Chemistry class is OVER! This means that I have him at home again on Monday and Wednesday nights. That being said, I feel like I'm back to the place where life is manageable. It was just so hard trying to do it all by myself for 5 straight days. YAY!

I'm pleased to announce that now that Hazen is sitting up by himself, he's getting bathed a lot more frequently. We're closer to 3 times a week now.... :o) If he had runny poops going up his butt all day long, I would probably be more prone to wash him more often, but he doesn't so I'm not. But, when he does take baths, he is so stinking cute!


We're going to have a fantastic weekend coming up, so in preparation, and to distract myself from the fact that IT'S ONLY WEDNESDAY, I've been cleaning the crap out of my house. Don't believe me, look at this pantry. LOOK AT IT!

Hazen has begun to get into EVERYTHING! It's so funny- I'm sure it will get old at one point, but for now, I'm enjoying having a little "helper" around. The other day, I brought some of his hangers into the living room to hang up his clothes. I left for a few minutes, and when I returned, this is what I saw:


I realize that one of the "cardinal rules" of blogging is not only blogging about your kids, but since Hazen is really the center of my life, this is all I've got. These are just all memories that I don't want to forget, and with the beauty that is www.blurb.com, I'm set. Hey, if any of you want blurb books, but don't have time to do them, I will gladly do it for you. Just pay me. The end.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anne, you need to stop apologizing so much. It's YOUR blog, your journal to write about and remember anything you want! Who cares if every single one of your posts is about your kids? At least we all see what your priorities are!

the wrath of khandrea said...

i LOVE sun chips, they were the first thing i spotted in your pantry. now i'm actually excited to go grocery shopping today so i can buy some.
thanks, anne. no, really, thanks.

Gabriella said...

I love those pictures of Hazen, the bath ones are the cutest. What are you doing this weekend that is going to be so exciting?

Megan and Jonny said...

Apparently I need to be more motivated. I'm super excited for this weekend, too, but I'm sure not organizing my pantry (or doing any of the things I'm SUPPOSED to do). I'm not even packing. You're my hero. And Hazen is adorable.

Annemarie said...

Keep on blogging about your baby. He is too cute! I'm very impressed with your pantry organizing skills.

The Five that Jive said...

Very cute with the hangers! He's getting lots of hair now! Did you get the invite to the NICU Grad party?? Are you going?? Oh, I made my blog private...so if you email me at lindseyandrick@hotmail.com I'll send you an invite!
Lindsey J

Brandi Lyn said...

WOW. I love the organization! Way to go! Dontcha love when your little joy helps you out around the house?? Wait till he is walking around and can follow you around at your speed. It's SO fun. I love this post. It made me smile. Hazen's bath pictures are just precious!

Ali said...

Duh, Anne pah-lease...

Although your insanely charming and hilarious, Hazen is one of your best assests, meaning I love to hear how he's doing and see his adorable face.

Who instituted the rule of not blogging about your children? I'd like to write them a letter. :)

How much for your blurbing services? I can't keep up. :)

paige said...

Nothing cuter than babies in the bath tub. :) It's pretty much my favorite time to take pictures - is that appropriate?

It will be nice to have J home - I hate when Lorin works late, it makes for a long day & a 6:00 bedtime. :)

Ashley Clark said...

Ali--my brother-in-law tried to institute the rule of "no blogging about children" (because they might get kidnapped)!

As for ME, I look forward to new Hal posts everyday. Keep them coming.

heidiram said...

The pantry is indeed very organized. Looks awesome. And P.S. a little BITTER that Heather told me that your house was the place with the good snacks The. Night. Before. I. Left. Prepare for my next visit because I will definitely be hitting your pantry. Keep clipping those coupons sister!

Hannah said...

I love those blurb books. I have to make one someday...

Your kid is so cute. I found your blog linked to some other blogs I read. I love it. Can I keep reading? ;)

Grandma Turtle said...

What fun pictures of all three of you! I love seeing you happy and enjoying life again. That mini-bathtub looks like a great water-saver, and the walls would help hold the baby upright easier than using one of your arms. What else is great about it? I might have to find me one (for the grandkids, silly).

Hannah said...

I found your blog through tip-junkie's...and then I saw it on a couple other's.

diane said...

He is so cute and I'm so happy I got to meet him and play with him in real life. I would love a pic of his stinking cute saddle shoes! diane.naylor@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

I've heard good things about the books! i'm going to try it. THanks