Sunday, January 13, 2008

Weekly Recap

Seeing as this blog REALLY is my journal, I thought I'd recap on the events from the past week. I'm really pissed about something right now, but I can't write about it bc I have to sensor my freaking blog, but know, universe, that I'm mad. (Not at Jason, he's perfect. Seriously)

Monday: We had a party for the Fire Department. Heather watched HAL. He was a wuss. He has some sensory issues, and MiaMia was a little bit too much for him at 7:30 at night, but don't worry, we've spent some time over there trying to get him acclimated to her. The party was a lot of fun. We sat with some new people that we haven't sat with before, and they were really nice. I got some digits, so we'll have to play soon...especially since one of them has Guitar Hero. I'm totally willing to pimp out our friendship all for the sake of games. They had a raffle, which is actually a funny story. The people before us won a PlayStation 2, IPod Listening Base, and a bunch of other cool crap, and then we got called.... our prize?

Date night in a bag with some hoopty old movies and pepsi. WHO DRINKS PEPSI? Call us ungrateful. We are, I suppose, but it was just a bummer getting date night in a bag following the PS2.

Tuesday: Pleasant Grove's Biggest Loser competition started. It's just Jason because he's on the Fire Department, but I had him "pull a Neil" before he went to get weighed and made him drink like, 40,000 gallons of water so he would be heavier. Cheating? No. Strategic playing? You betcha.

Wednesday: I was hungry. I don't remember much else. Went to the gym, hated dieting, but I realize that you need to be a little more intense about things while you're actually trying to lose weight. Maintenance phase, please get here soon!!!

Thursday: Hazen had Physical Therapy. He's doing really well with it, and we're being very vigilant with doing the exercises at home. His PT, Kelly is great with kids! Hazen loves him, and I feel like we will make a lot of progress together. The first time HAL had PT (last week), Kelly picked him up, and the first thing Hazen did was puke ALL over him. Hazen NEVER throws up!! Kelly just looked at him, laughed, and then got a washcloth. No sweat. That night we went to Heather and Brad's to watch Heroes. Good show, I'm glad I finally gave in!

Friday: I went to see P.S, I love you with Becky. Don't ask me how I liked it, because the projector broke about 15 minutes to the end. This sucked, because me and my baby had just survived a REALLY LONG movie, and I don't even know what happened. I will be sneaking into the end of another showing sometime soon, thankyouverymuch.

Saturday: I celebrated 4 consecutive days of gym-going with a trip to the grocery store ALL BY MYSELF. Now, I LOVE LOVE LOVE going with Jason, but I don't LOVE LOVE LOVE going with Hazen. So, I went by myself, and I bought a lot of things. Everything was healthy, and I felt pretty good about that. Saturday night, we went to Bret and Laura Miller's house for a serious competition of Ticket to Ride. Three tables, Three games, 5 couples. Intense. It was a success.

Sunday: HAL and I went to church. HAL burped louder than any human ever has right in the middle of the Sacrament. It was awesome. Jason is inactive, so he stayed home. Just kidding. He had to work, so he got up at the butt-crack of dawn to go provide for his family. Tonight, Marc and Lori Johnson, Becky and BJ Kirk, and Ashley and Carl Gustofson will be coming to our house for games and dessert. I will be making BJ cupcakes from my special new cupcake pan Jason got me for Christmas, because it's his birthday on Wednesday.

My camera is out of batteries, and I'm too lazy to go find more, so no new pictures for you. Sorry.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous of your fun week, and now I know how Ashley has felt for so long. And I want to know why you are mad, so if you feel like venting, email me about it. I am nosey and I love you. And miss you. A lot.

Heather said...

Well that's a nice little update. I think I'm going to write that right here.

That's a nice little update?

Yep.

(taken from actual phone conversation at 3:55.)

Hazen5 said...

I hope you are happier now! Your recaps make me laugh, you are so real. I am glad you are my sister!

Ashley Clark said...

D-ville get-together sounds sweet. Are Ashley and Carl just visiting Utah?

Please post more updates on gym goings and PG's Biggest Loser competition. It all motivates me to continue going to the gym.

P.S. You can vent to me too. Are you mad at me?

Celia Fae said...

Though I am very interested in your weekly recap and I think four consecutive gym days is awesome, I too am more interested in your negative feelings. So spill.

paige said...

Look at all of your nosey friends! Not that I am not one of them, but I won't ask you to spill for the 100th time. Hopefully you aren't mad at me, but seeing as how I haven't seen you in like 6 months, you very well could be. Just know that I love you & wish I had the desire to even want to go to th gym. Not just when I am pregnant...but ever. Also, Lorin drinks Pepsi, but he would have way rather won a Play Station as well. Have another good week. Last week was EXTREMELY productive, I'm so proud of you. :)

Cheryl & Kyle said...

which version of ticket to ride?

Mostly Leighanna, some Jordan said...

I hate having to blog censor. I wish people would get over themselves. You are not wrong to be mad over a bottle of Pepsi in a bag. That is strangely reminiscent of how whenever I win something, it is a neon green T-shirt or a pen.

Janet Lee said...

I enjoy reading your blog. It's a great way to keep updated on my Utah famiLee's life. I wish you didn't have to blog censor. That sucks big time! It should be a place where you can vent if you need to, regardless. (By the way... hope it doesn't have anything to do with our conversation last week. Its seriously a non-issue. Chalk it up to a delirious sick woman. I was literally crapped out on the couch all week.) Besides whatever upset you, which I really hope you are feeling better about, sounds like you had a fun week. Keep us posted on the boy's therapy. Sounds like he's doing well.

Emily said...

I can totally relate to being bummed out over your prize. At my work Christmas party, the girl before me won a flat screen TV and the girl after me won a Wii. I got a gift card to the movies. What? Really? Come on. And the best part is that both of those girls have worked here for like 6 weeks in the call center and have probably quit by now. I feel you, boo.

Amanda Fetters said...

Firstly, Ticket to Ride kicks so much trash. R and I got the Switzerland version for Christmas, which is mucho fun. Secondly, I am SO EXCITED for the day when L lets one rip in the middle of the Sacrament. She did barf all over the multipurpose room floor on Sunday night in front of a ton of people, though, which was fun. Sixth and lastly, you are awesome.