Sunday, January 27, 2008

A trip to Park City





Last week, Jason had the day off, and we decided to go to Park City. Jason had never been there, and I was kind of sick of just hanging around, so we picked up and left, kind of on a whim. Don't worry, it was the first day of Sundance, so it was slightly crowded, and I accidentally left my jacket at home. This was only a problem because it was 11 degrees there! It was FREEZING! We had a really nice time though. It was fun to just be in the car with Jason and chat while we looked at the beautiful scenery as we drove through Provo Canyon. The baby slept the whole way up there, so we had some nice peace and quiet! Once we got there, we decided against getting the stroller out and walking around Main Street because there were so many people there and it was so cold! So, sorry, no Paris Hilton and Jared Leto sightings. (BTW...Why on earth would anyone want to hook up with Jared Leto?? He's such a dork, and his dumb band isn't even that good)

We drove over to the outlets. I had high hopes for the Children's Place Outlet store, seeing as the week before, I went to Gymboree, and bought a winter coat for Hazen for next year for 9 bucks. It was originally 45!!! We only found a shirt for him to wear to church in the next few months, and Jammies for next year. We found a lot of really cute things from the Carter's outlet for next year! I have a hard time paying full price for clothes when I know that I can get them a season ahead for dirt cheap! He's grown so much in the past month and a half, I think that he'll be just about caught up in the next 6-9 months. He might always be a little on the slim side, but, being what I consider a beefy child, I think he's lucky!!

Jason and I got a few things for us to workout in. I was getting tired of always working out in the same bleach stained pants that are SLIGHTLY too short. Isn't it funny how you're always more motivated to work out when you have something nice and DESIGNED to exercise in?? We went to a late lunch, and then headed back to Lindon shortly after nightfall. It was a great day, and I love my little family more than anyone can ever know!!!

0 comments: