Sunday, January 27, 2008

Things I never want to forget about my Hazen!



-You go to sleep between 8 pm and 9 pm. You normally sleep straight through until 8-9:30 am the next morning. When we have to go to church or Dr. appointments, I have to wake you up, and you're never too thrilled about this.

-You take one GOOD long nap during the day, and another 30-45 minute nap. You always have some good snuggles you want to give for the first 3-5 minutes after your nap, after which, you want your diaper changed STAT, or some food. In the morning when you get up, you prefer your food before diaper change.

-Your morning smiles are classic.

-Sometimes when we're feeding you and watching TV or talking to one another, if we look down at you, you give us this big goofy grin, as if to say, "See guys, I'm still here. I'm funny, right??"

-I knew when I was pregnant with you that you were a tease. Right as I would settle down for the day, you would either get hiccups, or start kicking like crazy. After I had you, you always seem to break out in laughter or smiles when I'm telling someone something serious, or other times when it's really inappropriate to laugh. It makes me smile, because you're allowed to do it, but I can't. If I'm bored in church, I whisper in your ear to make noise, because it's funny now, but won't be so funny in 8 months, when you're older.

-The ladies that watch you at the gym are crazy about you! There's one girl, who's name is Kayla (we used to know her as the really nice black girl.....we're glad we know her name now!) She gave you the best compliment the other day!! When I came to pick you up, she grabbed my arm and told us how much she loves you. Whenever we come in with you, she rushes to take you out of your seat, which makes me really happy. After I told her thank you, so told me that there's something about you that's really special. She said that you have a very kind soul and a good character, and that she could just tell. After I told her about how you are our little miracle, she said that it's so apparent to her what a special little guy you are. She also said that it made her really happy to see that such a special little baby had two parents who love him so much. We do, by the way.

-Last week, the most comedic thing I could say to you was "Pork Tenderloin". I was almost in tears laughing so hard that you found so much enjoyment at a random phrase. Needless to say, I guess you won't be Kosher after all.



-You are the most ticklish baby I've ever met. No one can make you laugh quite like your Aunt Heather. You are also a BIG fan of Shelly Buswell at church. When we put your Apnea Leads on at night, you crack up because I think your chest is really ticklish. You also get little goosebumps all over your legs as you're laughing.

-You poop solid logs. Once, when we were with Grandpa Bob, and Daddy changed your diaper. Your log fell on the floor of where we were. It was really funny. Your logs also stink like your formula.

-When I'm not with you, but I smell your formula, even though it stinks like Adult egg farts, it makes me happy, because it reminds me of you!



-You get startled REALLY easily. If it's late at night, it makes you cry.

-You are a really good baby. You rarely cry just for the heck of it. It's almost always because you're tired or hungry. We can take you just about anywhere, and we don't have to worry about you. You aren't a big fan of your car seat though.

I love you, sweet Hazen. These past couple of days as your Daddy and I have been talking about life and other things, I've just had huge fears that there might be a time in your life when you don't feel that we love you enough or pay ENOUGH attention to you. You are my sweet little angel, and I don't know that we can ever truly tell you how crazy we are about you. Whatever decisions you make in your life, we are behind you 100%. To us, supporting you goes past simply saying "We support you", but in showing our love for you through our deeds.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you had a blogging marathon! I have missed you SO much. And this post may or may not have brought tears to my eyes. I love you!

Gabriella said...

Your a great mom, and that's all I have to say.

Unknown said...

Awwww, you are such a great mommy to Hazen!!! Way to make a pregnant lady cry!

Megan and Jonny said...

Anne Lee--you are amazing. Thank you so much for your comments on my blog. You have no idea how much better I feel after hearing that from Amazing Mom Anne. Thanks!
PS--your little man is gorgeous.

Jessica said...

It's the FUNNEST when people who only kind of know you (the nice black lady...was it Kayla?)give you a sincere compliment about your kid and then you know...it's not just you!

Brandi Lyn said...

This is probably one of my FAVORITE posts i've ever read. You are seriously the cutest mom ever!

Celia Fae said...

Dear Anne,

I saved all of your posts to read for when I could really concentrate, and I'm glad I did. Your ode to Hazen is beautiful and sweet and it makes me want to do one also.

I also liked the post about Jason and your future and how people have issues with adults making their own choices. It is hard for parents to let go, huh? Good job being a grownup.

Finally, I like the new look but it is kind of hard for me to read the text due to the stripes. I know I'm picky and old.