Sunday, January 27, 2008

Hazen...Table for one??




When we eat lunch, lots of times we just eat on our couch and watch TV. Once Hazen is actually eating with us, we'll eat at our table, but for right now, it's just what we do. Most of the time, he's ok sitting in his little play gym thing, and he doesn't get too upset. Other times, when it's close to his eating time, or if he's feeling a little neglected, he likes to sit on our lap. He's totally content to lay in my lap, which is fine, but then I have nowhere to put my plate! Jason laughs, because Hazen has turned into my own personal little table! Once, we were playing a game, and Hazen was laying across my lap. I had a glass of water that had a lot of condensation, and I didn't want the table to get wet, so very absentmindedly, I took my glass, and twirled it around Hazen's leg, thereby drying my glass. Jason was horrified, but I thought it was pretty funny! Hey, if we're going to be doing laundry anyway, what's the harm in using our baby as a napkin??

2 comments:

Ashley Clark said...

This cracks me up. What a chill kid. Doug is always talking about how our kid has to be able to sit on his lap and watch TV.

Celia Fae said...

Nice eating photos. I love those.

I can't believe he will sit still enough to balance things. My kids would never ever do that. He must be perfect.