Sunday, January 6, 2008

A recipe for a delightful dinner

IPod?? Check.

(Editor's Note: The chicken is after step one: brown for 10 minutes. I realize that it looks a little raw still, and it was, but after step 5: simmer in other crap for 25-30 minutes, it was no longer raw.)



Dinnertime is my favorite time of the day. Especially when Jason isn't working, so he can hang out with the boy. I blast the IPod while I make some new and exciting dish. Last week's menu?

Wednesday: Homemade Pizza with Prosciutto, Mushrooms, and Olives

Thursday: Sausage with Curried Root Vegetables. Did my house and family spell like India for three days? You betcha.

Friday: Chicken Saltimboca, which literally means "jump in the mouth". Very fun.

Saturday: Pasta Carbonera

Tonight: Chicken Cacciatore



Also, I stand by the fact that no kitchen is complete with plenty o' cookin liquor. Living in Utah, I had to go to the state liquor store, which made my needs slightly more white trash. Everyone needs a good ole' box of wine!

10 comments:

Marisa said...

Those all sound amazing. Who are you?

neffgang said...

Jeez. Buying wine in a liquor store? Great to hear that the things we talked about in seminary at such great length did little to no good!

(Actually, I know exactly what you are talking about. Walking out of a Utah State Liquor Store with a bottle in a paper bag is a stellar event!)

-BN

Ashley Clark said...

Okay, time for you to write a cookbook! And I want a copy.

Brandi Lyn said...

Holy crap!! you are like 'wonder wife'! Reading all of those meals you cooked stresses me out alone! eeeek. Maybe i'd enjoy cooking more if it wasn't messy...i dunno. Tell me your secrets. Honest question...does the mess stress YOU out?? I'm glad Seth has a job where he can take clients to Ruths Chris and have a nice lunch/dinner...becuase i don't know if i'll ever be brave enough to jump on the cookin' train.

Heather said...

I think you should specify that the chicken is not quite donesies yet because it looked a little salmonellaish to me.

show off.

Anna said...

You totally inspire me Anne. I thought I loved to cook, but you do such a better job at cooking new and exciting things. I get a little intimidated by names of dishes. Way to go, I am sure it all tates delicious!!

paige said...

Wow, all of that sounds great. I am sure once I smelled it I would be singing a different tune...I am more picky than usual lately. :) Don't worry about the liquor store, I think everyone should have such an experience. :)For my 21st birthday, a friend got me a bottle of Bud light...nice... & ran into his bishop on the way to his car. What the bishop was doing over there, I'll never know...but that's Logan for ya.

heidiram said...

Yeah, I was a little bit freaked out over the chicken. Glad to see the whole series of cooking pictures. You were makin me nervous there.

Enjoy your glorious cooking while it lasts. Hopefully you will have children with non-boring taste buds like Heather's kiddos. Mine are the pickiest eaters on the planet. I don't even enjoy cooking anymore. They make it so UN-FUN!

Unknown said...

Okay - from the one person who actually drinks wine (while not pg, of course) - you must not get the boxed stuff! It is terrible compared to the stuff in a bottle. I promise, the quality of your cooking will improve significantly. Just looking out for ya, cuz!!

Unknown said...

Hey - we're online together now! Okay, believe it or not, you can freeze leftover wine. Nigella even says so - that's where I got the idea. It won't actually freeze - just get slushy- but it works and then you don't have Franzia headaches. I freeze mine in 1/2 cup increments since that is what I usually need per recipe.
If you want bottled stuff - I really like Australian wine - usually inexpensive and has bold tastes - important for cooking.
But I digress now because I don't want to corrupt your blog too much - me being the gentile of the family.