Monday, April 7, 2008

Weekend Wrap-Up

This weekend was rad. Really, it was! On Friday, we went to dinner at La Vigna again. The Va-Jay-Jay never disappoints. Seriously though, they have the best bread, so I just got the Soup and Salad, and went to town on the bread. Afterwards, we came back to our house, and Jason and Andy, his friend from the FD, studied for EMT Reciprocity stuff. It was really boring for Emily and I, but we lived.

Saturday: My friend Natalie came over for the weekend. There's something in Payson that keeps her occupied during the weekends, so she stays with us at night. It's fun- we're trying to get her to move in, but I don't think she'll go for it! Heather and the kids came up and watched conference at our house. For the afternoon session, we went to her house, where Brad had HOOKED US UP with Conference Snacks. The best thing about watching Conference at Heather's house, is that we go in the Basement, and watch it on the Projector. They have super comfy couches, a love sack, and a fireplace, and there's even a bathroom down there, so it couldn't be better. This year, they concocted a buffet table with Fruit and Veggie trays, Chips and Guacamole and Hummus and Queso, and Brownie Bites. It was amazing. We really enjoyed listening to the messages shared with us, and (in the morning) it was neat being able to participate in the solemn assembly. While I know that Hazen will never remember the experience, but he was there, in his Grandparent's home while we sustained our Prophet, Thomas S. Monson. So cool. Speaking of so cool: Jason's parents got their mission call! They're serving in the Paraguay Ascension Temple for 18 months starting July 21st. We'll miss them, and Hazen will grow so much while they're gone, but I look forward to hearing of their adventures! Saturday during Priesthood, we kind of sat around and did nothing, and then Jason and I went to the grocery store and bought a bunch of baby food. Hazen still doesn't like Fruits, which really boggles my mind. He will go to town on Veggies, but it's like pulling teeth to get him to swallow the Fruits. I'm not giving up, though.

Sunday: I will discuss Conference, but I HAVE to mention the food. For Breakfast, we had Orange Juice, Breakfast Casserole, Regular Monkey Bread, and Orange Monkey Bread. We downed a lot of food, and it felt good. For lunch, we had Turkey Sandwiches with Cream Cheese, Cranberry, Sprouts on Costco Rolls, Fruit with Fruit Dip that I made, more Chips and Guacamole, and more Veggies. I made No-Bake Cookies, and my mom brought over a Coconut Cream Pie. I'm pretty sure I gained 5 lbs this weekend. Oh well, it was so worth it!

I have been thinking a ton about Elder Ballards talk about young mothers. I am one. I know I can do better, but I think I'm doing ok...most times. I'll have a blog going further into details on this later this week, once I collect my thoughts more. Now, it's time to go play Skip-Bo with the Hubby before bed.

Please enjoy these cute pictures of Hazen, because he rocks:

13 comments:

paige said...

Remember when I thought that Skip-Bo was skip it? Every night I would imagine you & Jason playing Skip it before bed...

Can't wait for the Ensign, I feel like I remember so little...

Paige said...

A vajayjay that doesn't disappoint is the most important thing. My advice as far as being a single mom when my husband is gone for the week is get a sitter on Thursdays. You will feel much better anticipating the time off.

Ali said...

Will you please warn me before you blog about food? The fact that I am no longer pregnant has not changed my obsession with eating. It's not that I am restricting myself entirely, I simply can't get to the stinkin grocery store without my Mommy holding my hand and helping me with my children...

I look forward to reading your thoughts on Elder Ballard's talk. That talk slammed my soul (in a very good way) as well (among other messages/talks).

Hazen rocks. You're right. Send my love to Natalie.

Heather said...

I thought you and Jason DO play skip it before bed.

Oh. Wrong game.

Jenibelle said...

Bishop Bears Eat Beets.

Recipe for orange monkey bread?

Hazen is adorable.

My nephew served in that mission, very poor, humble people!

Ashley Clark said...

They play matress WWE...with Jason's handcuffs.

Hazen5 said...

Great summary! When Elder Ballard spoke of "what the children can do to help mom", I made the kids write it down in their conference journals!!!! Only bad thing about watching conference at Heather's, I fall asleep because I am too comforatble!! I love Hazen!

Emily said...

Hazen DOES rock. Does he like piƱatas? Bring him Friday!

Stephanie said...

I would like to request that next conference you send me a doggy bag with all your food in it. Even though I just finished eating lunch, I am hungry after reading your post. :) And I'm sorry you are lonely. I know how you feel in a small way. And I go to Walmart all the time just to be around people, so you should feel good. Kneaders is definitely a social class UP from Walmart. I love you.

The Five that Jive said...

Ok--so I'm totally stuffed right now from lunch...but you just made me hungry again! Dang you! Just kidding. Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend...you go girl! We should definately get together for a play date--the boys could roll all over each other. The nurses at the NICU said that they have reunions...I wonder if we'll hear about them??
Lindsey J

Unknown said...

Every time we drive on the freeway I want to go to that restaurant. It looks yummy. Thanks for the recommendation!

weeze or Alissa said...

Hey Anne,
so glad to read the blog.
let's get together cuz and have a face to face and catch up...We Tribes as it is need the news on yall.
weeze

Gabriella said...

Sounds like a great weekend! The camera is a Canon SD 870, I think it's a point and shoot, but I'm not to savvy on all the camera stuff.