Thursday, April 17, 2008

I think I need to Clarify....

My blog is my journal. Some people think this is weird, but I don't have the time and self-discipline to write in a journal. So, this is it for me. As such, I want to be able to look back and remember that I had thoughts and emotions other than thinking my baby was so cute...which he is.

With that said.....to me, the word "vent" has such a negative connotation. When I write posts like the last one, it's not to get out all of my anger and feelings of injustice towards the world, it's honestly to remember how I felt about things as a 23 year old new mom. So, while I'm so happy that people like the posts like yesterdays so much, I kind of hate that everyone calls them "venting posts". It makes me feel like people think that I'm so irritated about everything, when really, it's just my opinion that I'm plainly stating. If my "tone of voice" in my writing is venty, then it's something I need to work on, but, just so we all know, it's my recordings of the things that I believe. Just plainly stated.

And now, since I know that only reason you come here anyway:




15 comments:

Unknown said...

That first and last picture are my favorite! I especially love that big line of drool!

It's fun to read the things HAL does because then I know what to look forward too with Brigham in the next month or two.

Gabriella said...

Can I just say I love those pictures of you and him, what a cute mamma you are, and what an adorable little boy he is.

Heather said...

Was that a vent?

Nice string of drool in the last picture. You know that hit your arm.

grammy said...

Come upstairs you beautiful baby. I need to give you a hug.......

Ashley Clark said...

Control F "vent" on your last post, and my comment will come up first. It's all my fault.

paige said...

Haha - I don't think venting is bad, but sorry if I mentioned it - in ALL the comments I made. I for sure vent in my journal - which is also my blog, I swear my hand would cramp up if I tried to write about everything I blog about. :) I love the pictures & am glad to see HAL looking like his ever-so-handsome self again!

Ashley Clark said...

Girl, you were venting. Dictionary.com says so.

Venting (verb):
1. To express (one's thoughts or feelings, for example), especially forcefully.

Hazen5 said...

I get to kiss that baby in a couple of weeks!!!

heidiram said...

Is somebody cycling????

Linsey said...

2 words: your blog! Do what you must/want/will, and vent or not away - I was in wholehearted agreement and just didn't/hadn't taken the time to pen a similar post on my own blog - but probably should have if you ask the hundred or so people I have forced to listen to my very fact and experience based thoughts on that very theme.

PS We have that play mat and both my boys have loved it

PPS This should have come first, but your extra miraculous (because I believe they all are at a very basic level) baby is DAMN cute - I hope we can still be friends even after the cursing!

Jenibelle said...

I totally agree with you, this blogging is almost like a journal, so that being said, you can write anything you want, anytime you want, if others don't want to read it...tough s.

I'm on your side. And those pictures are really, really cute!

heidiram said...

Does anyone else around here love getting a rise out of Anne? Or is it just moi???? :0)

Ashley Clark said...

Agreed, Heidi!

Abby said...

Of course, I had to go back and see what all the fuss was about. I'm just sorry that people seem to push their birthing opinions on you. That's lame. I've found if you get a bunch of moms talking, everyone loves to share "their" story and what they like, etc. I just let it be that--them wanting to tell their story. I'm glad you are firm on how you feel. I think you sound like a wonderful mommy, and that boy is very lucky--and cute!

Meriel Frandsen said...

You are so funny. I have to say that I feel exactly the same way as you about blogging. I keep it as my journal, since I've never written one before, and I think of it as memoirs people can read right now as opposed to when I'm dead or senile. ;)