Sunday, April 13, 2008

I was feeling neglected....

Since HAL got home from the hospital in October, and has been doing really well, I have noticed that my comment count has gone way down. So, in keeping with my need to be popular, I have infected my kid with some mysterious illness, so as to get him back in the hospital.


Yes. I am serious.


We are at Utah Valley, but this time we're in the PICU, as opposed to the NICU. We're awaiting the respiratory therapist to come and take some mucus samples to find out what we're dealing with. However, as a devoted Blurber and Blogger, I have been taking pictures ever step of the way! I just forgot my cord to upload pictures. Hopefully we won't be here that long, because Hospitals blow, but whatever we need to do to get him all better. I'll be updating as we find things out, so you better stay up all night long to check back- as well as leaving millions of comments, because that's the reason I made my baby sick in the first place.

***Update 1:35 am***

See, I told you to stay up all night. Promised I would make it worth your while. When Hazen first got here, at around 8 pm, he was in pretty good spirits. This all changed at around 10 pm, when he was not only 2 hours past his bedtime, but held down by 3 nurses so they could do an IV in him. It was not pretty. I felt so bad just holding his screaming little head as the tears ran down his face and sweat accumulated all over his tiny body because he was crying so hard. We did sing some songs though, and I like to think that it made it just a little bit better. Nothing happened for many hours- he got some sleep, but was having a really hard time getting much at all, because his breathing was so labored. At about 12:45, the RT came in and got a biopsy of the mucus in his throat, and then suctioned him out. Hazen was absolutely distraught. Then he threw up all over everything because he was crying/coughing so bad. Poor guy. I held him and got myself covered in snot/sweat/blood/tears as the RT administered a breathing treatment. It seemed to really help this time around. I held him as he slept for about another 20 minutes until he got too sweaty, so now he seems to be sleeping soundly. Jason is on the pull-out couch sleeping as well. I'm glad my boys are getting some rest. Did I mention I'm really tired?

9 comments:

Kirsten Krason said...

Whatever you always have like a million gazillion comments. You are the most popular blogger I know. no need to make Hal sick!! I hope he gets better and I hope your blog becomes a hit again. :)

Sarah said...

Awww Anne, you make Munchausens look so good!


I hope the boy feels better, and let us know what's going on! Go see my blog! My boy is making himself quite known!

Jenibelle said...

Anne, we are coming to Utah to buy THE DRESS, I would love to come by and see you and Heather. Want to?
Hope Hal gets better, give him loves from all your blogger buddies!

Bridget said...

Oh, I'm sorry to hear your little guy is sick. The screaming, sweating, bloody, mucousy child is not fun. Hope you can get some sleep soon too.

Mel said...

Anne- This is Mindy's sister, Melanie. She told me to check out your blog because we were JUST in this situation a few weeks ago with my 9 month old. She had RSV and pnemonia and was in the hospital for two days. It sucked. I cannot imagine having my child in the hospital as much as you did after your little boy was born. Just having mine there for 2 days threw everything off (especially sleep) so much that it's taken this long for us to just barely recover and feel normal again. I hope he gets better soon!

P.S. I blogged all about it, of course: www.broadbentfam.blogspot.com

Amanda Fetters said...

I don't know how you are doing this, sista. Hang in there, babe -- we're pulling for you.

Mandi said...

Holy cow you are tough. And your little guy sounds pretty tought too. We will pray for you guys!

The Five that Jive said...

Oh my goodness! What is going on? I feel so bad that you're back at the hospital...no fun!! I hope your little guy gets better quickly. We'll keep you guys in our prayers!!
Lindsey J

Emily said...

When did this happen? Wasn't he just playing and laughing at my house the day before? Did Jason (mine) cough on him? If so, I apologize. Hope HAL feels better soon.