Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Happy Anniversary, my Dear!



Guess what happened two years ago today? Not only did I almost vomit from nerves on the way to the Temple, but I married my smokin' hot husband, Jason. I'm sure that as long as I continue to blog, you'll get a yearly rhetoric on how much I love Jason, as he well deserves. Two years ago today, Jason and I were married for Time and All Eternity. We didn't have a clue of the roller coaster that we would face, but we knew, because we had many confirming experiences before we were married, that we would be well equipped to deal with anything that life would throw at us.

Life has thrown, and we have dealt. I'm so grateful to have such a fantastic husband who is always there for his family. He does everything to provide for us, both emotionally, financially, and spiritually, but he's such a wonderful friend as well. Jason is such a great Dad to Hazen. We didn't expect to have a baby when we did (no, Hazen wasn't an accident), but we can't imagine our life any other way. Jason is so supportive of my wants and needs, and I always look forward to all of our time together. Since not many people know Jason like I do, I want to share 10 little tidbits about him and us:

1. Jason and I have played a game, whether it be a card game, Settlers, or Video game nearly every day of our marriage. The days that we have missed can probably be numbered on one, maybe two hands. We love it!
2. Jason's passion is to become a Fire Fighter. He discovered this passion a little bit later in his life (like, when he was 24 or 25), and now, he is moving ahead, full force, to achieve this.
3. Jason dances like a white boy. REALLLLY white boy. It's really funny.

4. Jason does the floors. I hate doing floors of all kinds, and he knows this, so he pretty much always does floors for me. (Sweeping, mopping, vacuuming. It rocks.)
5. Jason will put Cayenne pepper on anything. This drives me nuts. Cayenne does not belong on Pasta with Pine Nuts and Goat Cheese.
6. Jason hates sharing food, but he shares with me, without getting too angry. Most times.
7. Jason bites his straws into little slits. This also drives me crazy at places like the movie theater, when we share straws. He also will no longer consume any beverage without a straw. We can thank my weird fascination with straws during my pregnancy for this.
8. When Jason sleeps, he puts his head almost face down into his pillow. This astounded me for a LONG time, because I had no clue how he could a- actually sleep like that, and b- not die.
9. Jason will watch movies over and over and over again. Even though, after watching it once, he has it memorized. It's really quite something.
10. Jason is the grill-master. He deals with any and all things that are cooked on the grill. I won't touch it- and it always turns out great.
11. I was reminded in a recent post by Jessica, about nicknames. Jason hates being called Jase. My dad does it, which kind of makes me laugh, but just because my dad is so cute. Jason, however, is too nice to say, "Hey, World, I don't like the nickname Jase." I call him J, but only because it's our kinky love thing. Just kidding. It just happened one day, and I think it fits.

I love you, Jason! Thanks for the great first 2 years. You're my best buddy, and I love you more than anything. Thank you for being a great dad to Hazen, and a smokin' hot hubby to me!

15 comments:

Hollyween said...

Can Jason come to my house and do 'the floors'? I feel like if my husband did that, it would make me a really happy lady. I HATE floors. In all forms.

He sounds like a gem. That first pic of the two of you is totally darling.

Lorena said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys sound like so much fun! I echo Holly, can Jason come do my floors? It's tile, not too difficult, right?

I also like to bite my straws...my husband can always tell which drink is his, so it's a plus. My kids do it now, too...that's a minus.

Kirsten Krason said...

Oh that was so fun. I don't know anything about this guy. But I remember in Russia you shared something from your patriarchal blessing with me about your future marriage and I've never forgotten it. It seems to be true. You guys have a great marriage. I am curious though, "How does he not die in the pillow?" I mean seriously. That is freaky.

Jessica said...

Great post.

I want to play games with you guys.

Ashley Clark said...

Happy Anniversary! I have never seen that 2nd picture of you guys on the bridge. I think it's my favorite one of you guys...ever.

The Five that Jive said...

You are so sweet! I'm glad that Jason married you...because you absolutely adore him...and that makes me happy! I love your wedding dress...so beautiful!! Happy Anniversary!! Oh and Hazen is adorable in that video. Is he sitting up all by himself!! Jacob hasn't learned that trick yet.
Lindsey J

Unknown said...

YEAH! Happy Anniversary!

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary! What a sweet post. Those are great pictures of you guys. I love your black shoes in the picture on the bridge. Very cute.

Jessica said...

I thought your name was AnneLee (like Caralee, or Taralee--both names of girls I know). So, your name is AnnEE and your last name is Lee? Do I have it right?

weeze or Alissa said...

hey, if I had a husband who had the time to read a wondeful blog like you just created, I'd write all that great stuff about him too! But I'm in the 16 years of marriage range...yea Anne, I'm that old cousin...do you remember in Cali. when Shawn & I had you guys babysist my oldest Dallin? you were like 7 so probably not. Well, it's been like that long since I've even been in contact with you and the family. Can't we somehow make a lunch date and chat? I'm up in Herriman, which is just a stones throw away from you guys. (I personally can't throw a rock across the street but ya know the drift) I told Heather on her Blog that I'm officially stalking my cousins. Please call...253-5347
let's get to know each other in person.
weeze

Linsey said...

Happy Anniversary to you and and your smokin' hot husband.

When I get to UT I'm coming over to play games!

Heather said...

You forgot to mention that kids are drawn to him.

And you forgot to mention how cute Amelia is for calling him Spunkle.
(Super Uncle)

I like to call him Spunk even if he doesn't like nicknames.

Remember Dad's pink tie. I smiled when I saw that.

AnnEE said...

Jason likes being called Spunkle. He just would like it if you called him Spunkle Jase.

the wrath of khandrea said...

great pictures! congrats on the anniversary.

Brandi Lyn said...

Happy Anniversary! You are so beautiful Anne.