Monday, April 14, 2008

The Pictures from Our Adventure

This is Hazen and Daddy doing a breathing treatment. Hazen is starting to like these less and less each time that we have to do them, which is unfortunate, because we have to do them just about 5 times a day.


This is right as we were leaving to go to the Hospital with the HALster.


Mommy and Hazen hung out for a while in the admitting room as we waited to get into our plush deluxe suite.
Once we got to Hazen's room, he was pretty upset because he had just received an IV, so he needed some snuggles with his Mama.

As it got later in the night, Hazen got less stoked about life. Please take note of the splint that they put on his arm so that he couldn't pull out his IV. He rocked his Mama with it every time he would touch my face. Not fun.
This was Hazen's Respiratory Therapist who would come in and administer the breathing treatments to Hazen. Because he had something that was really contagious, they had to suit up in order to come into our room.


Lastly, this is Daddy in Hazen's giant Man-Crib. It was the funniest thing ever, because it was big enough for big people to hang out in. He had a grand 'ole time rolling all over the place last night!!

12 comments:

Heather said...

I love that Jason has his rope for practicing in the background.

And I love that the class clown is feeling better.

I miss my baby boy!

Flu shots are a crock.

Bridget said...

Oh, poor little guy. He looks miserable in that first photo.

Unknown said...

You have a good baby! You are a good mommy!

Brandi Lyn said...

Oh Anne, my heart goes out to you guys. He is such a strong little boy! I am so so glad you guys are home. You should win the Mommy of the Year award!

Megan and Jonny said...

I second that Mommy of the Year Award. I don't know how you do it! I hope he's feeling all better soon and that you can avoid the hospital for a LONG time.

paige said...

So glad you are home - keep us updated on how things go. He looks like he handled it well, even though I am sure it was super hard & terrible to be back in the hospital.

I agree with Heather, flu shots are a crock. I always got the flu when I got them & now that I don't get the shots, I never get the flu ... ?

Ali said...

Adventure is such a pleasant word... I would have chosen, "nightmare" I think. Poor, Poor Hal.

He is a champion of a baby. You should be terribly proud of how tough he is.

As far as his parents are concerned, you're inspiring for being so strong during tough, tough moments.

I hope he is on the up & up soon. (Up & Up - did I make up that phrase or does it make sense?)

paige said...

I think the phrase "up & up" is actually used in Monsters, Inc. Totally legit.

Ashley Clark said...

This is getting better all the time. Fireman with handcuffs in cage. You guys crack me up.

P.S. Hal is in my prayers!

Anna said...

Man Anne, I am so sorry. What a bummer for everyone, especially poor little Hazen. I hope that recovery comes quickly. Even being sick, he still looks cute. :)

Emily said...

You three are real troopers! What a tough time you guys are going through. You're in my prayers!

R+M said...

Hi Anne! I just found your site and your blog is so cute! Little Hazen is the cutest thing, and such a trooper! but you guys all look so happy and so blessed with such a great little boy!