Wednesday, April 23, 2008

My Boy is Great



Hazen is perfect. Really, he is. In fact, I have these giant fears that are sometimes suffocating about having another baby, because I'm afraid I won't be able to love them as much. (No, I'm not pregnant). I'm sure, when the time comes, that I will, but really, Hazen is a dream baby. He's funny, he's happy, he's sweet, he's affectionate, loves to snuggle, and is my kind of baby. With that said, some things from the recent week/s that I want to remember:


-He's learning how to wrap his Mama around his little finger. When he's in his play saucer, and I'm across the room, he'll get really quiet until I look over at him, and then smile with this little puppy dog face. It melts my heart, and inevitably I go and pick him up or go over and play with him. I know, I'm a sap.

-Speaking of Puppy, Hazen has 3 animal alter-egos. 1. The owl. He makes this sound JUST like an owl. It's hilarious, and his lips go in this perfect little "hooo". 2. The puppy. He likes to play with his toys by just putting them in his mouth like a little puppy playing fetch. It's classic when you can see his two little teeth while he's working on the chew-toy. 3. The parrot. Jason likes to put him on his shoulders, and he's his little parrot. He looks around like he's the King. So funny.


-Today, he bit me. It drew blood, and I screamed. It was really just unfortunate placement, as he bit me on the nail bed. It's still a little tender. It's ok. One day I'll bite him back. Kidding!

-He is sitting up by himself for extended periods of time now. He still falls flat on his face, but he does it without crying.

-He is still kind of a little "fragile" around cousin Max. I think it's because Max can sit on HAL, and that's scary. They're becoming really good friends, though, and it's so cute. Max is WAY more compliant when it comes to taking pictures, which makes me love him. Case in point listed above.

I love my little boy. I know you probably get sick of hearing about it so much, but he is the joy of my life. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!

8 comments:

Hazen5 said...

He's doing so well sitting all by himself! I can't wait to see it in person this weekend!

Nortorious said...

We're not tired of him. Yet. Next post about something controversial.
Can you believe how much you love that kid? What if I don't love 2 as much as Mimi?

Jake said...

Just had to drop by and say hello before Blogapalooza! I want to eat your baby up! He is so cute.

Gabriella said...

I love Hal and I've never even met him, he looks so sweet and yes he is cute. I'm glad you have such a great little boy with such a strong spirit.

Linsey said...

AnnEE, don't worry, you'll love #2 just as much - I did not know how it would work, but it is instant and I think they are both perfect even though they are completely different.

Ashley Clark said...

I LOVE that second picture of Hazen (where's he's crying). I have to assume this was taken in Heather's stroller and Max was trying to beat up on Hal.

Ashley Clark said...

Please post pictures of your new diamond ring. Thank you.

Unknown said...

Sitting up! That's great. Can he come over and teach Brigham?