Monday, April 14, 2008

Updatily-do

We don't really have too many updates as of right now, but the suction and breathing treatments have really helped Hazen. He was able to sleep for a good 5 hours last night, which, in turn, meant that we got 5 hours or so of sleep. However, waking up every few hours and adjusting yourself on the springy mattress doesn't give you the best sleep imaginable.

We haven't been seen by the Dr today yet- I imagine he'll be by around lunch time, which means we can't go home until AT LEAST then. I really hope we don't have another night here, but we'll have to see. I'll update as I get more information.

***Update 11:00 am***

Flu times two. Not only does HAL have one type of flu, but he has ANOTHER flu as well. It's very similar to RSV, but isn't quite RSV. We're still waiting for a Dr to show up to tell us to go home, and then we will. Even though it's not the HUGEST DEAL, I'm still really glad that we came last night, because the hospital has some equipment that we didn't have, and it allowed Hazen to get even better care. We do feel very special though, because there's a big fat sign on our door that requires everyone to don a mask, gloves, and yellow gown before coming in because he has a contagious disease. Betta watch yo' self...my baby might infect you! Hopefully the next update I have comes from home....after a nice long nap. And shower. And teeth brushing.

10 comments:

Mindy said...

I can't believe you're back in the hospital!! What a drag, I'm so sorry to hear that and I hope you get to go home soon!

paige said...

Good luck & keep us posted. I will be checking back. :)

The Five that Jive said...

So what's going on with this little guy?? Did they figure it out yet?? I remember having to sit in the Pediatric part of the hospital after many days there and waiting and waiting for the dr. When you want to leave...they take their sweet time coming to check them out 'huh. Hope that you get to spring out soon!! Give us an update on Hazen when you can!
Lindsey J

Unknown said...

I just read your posts - what does Hazen have to get him into the hospital?

I'm sorry sista - when they are sick, it is such a strain on your soul.

Connie said...

Yikes! We will keep you in our prayers.

Unknown said...

Oh man! Hang in there dear, and thanks for the updates! I guess...updates mean bad news, so i guess we should not hope for them or something...

Brandi Lyn said...

WOW. I've been so out of the blogging world for way too long. I just spent 35 minutes reading all of the posts i've missed. You are onoe strong mama Anne. Wow. Poor little Hal, he has been through so much for a little guy. I can't imagine going through all you have gone through. I know how it feels to watch your baby being held down so helplessly while getting poked and prodded with Iv's and such, so i can whole hearteldly sympathize with you there. My heart goes out to you guys. I'm hoping that right now you are resting in your own comfy bed and Hal is warm and secure as ever.

I really enjoyed all of your previous posts too by the way! I love the 'kissy kissy'...you and your hubby are so C.U.T.E.

I hope all is going well, our prayers are with you and your family. :)

(p.s. - my spelling sucks.)

Kirsten Krason said...

You might as well just move into the Hospital. When I move to Utah I will come to your new "virus free room" and help you decorate it.

Jessica said...

Sorry for poor Hazen! Is the double flu better than RSV? I hope so!

Gabriella said...

Hazen is such a trooper, I hope he gets better soon. Your such a great mom. We'll keep him in our prayers.