Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I did it...

I changed my commenter name. I'm now AnnEE.

My darling blog friend, Jessica, brought up a good point, that i'm sure plagues most of you bloggers that don't know me in person, and/or don't read my blog, but read my comments.

I think I've posted about this before, but I'm posting again, but know, I'm not mad! I'm just clarifying, and not venting. :o)

My first name is Anne. AnnEE. When I was single, my last name was Hazen, hence my kid's first name. AnnEE Hazen. Super easy to know it was a first and last name. Then, I met the love of my life: Jason Lee. Not the actor from "My Name is Earl", and not Asian. Enter the problem; Anne Lee. Annalee. Anneleigh. It is probably one of my biggest pet peeves, but I realize that bloggers who don't know me can't really help it, unless I've already corrected them, then they're just boogers. Nor.

So thar she blows. When you see AnnEE commenting on your blog, it's me.

10 comments:

paige said...

Ok, so I just read this post. Obviously. I am glad you made the change, just for all the blogging friends out there. I feel for ya. Not that anyone messes up my name, but when I talk about Polly, people think I have a little boy, Pauly. I tried SO hard to not give her a confusing name so that her name wouldn't confuse people. So far it has only been a few people & I guess I could have given her a more common name. It has always bugged me when people pronounce names wrong, even if they aren't my own - Paige isn't too tough. Anyway, I will have to try harder to give my boy a name less confusing & all around masculine to avoid such crisis. I love you AnnEE.

Kelli Nicole said...

Wait a sec, your name's not Ann??? Just kidding (don't throw anything at me)

Kelli Nicole said...

Oh, and some people still call me Kelly in emails and facebook even though my email, website, and facebook are clearly labeled Kelli. Kinda makes me laugh.

the wrath of khandrea said...

hmm. maybe i should change mine. my name is ONdrea, not ANdrea. i'll be very few people know that.

you've inspired me.

i'm changing today.

Unknown said...

Yeah, I had to click on your name to see who AnnEE was. Maybe you should just attach your pic to your name - that's how I always know which Heather is commenting (although it usually is only one Heather who I see, but nonetheless)

Jessica said...

Have you been to Gab's blog? She's got a big name post up today, too.

I'd like to take credit for the major name revolution I've created.

Heather said...

thanks ann-nay for clarifying.

Ali said...

Did you know, my middle name is Ann?

Ann is properly spelled as Ann (minus the "e") don't you agree?

You're hilarious and I loved the anniversary post. You look flawlessly beautiful.

Nortorious said...

Oh Ahnyee. You're such a kidder. We all know your name is Ann.

Celia Fae said...

Love it. Way to clarify.