Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A Beauty Tip From Me


Don't pay attention to the lone little hair that's out of place. I tried to edit it, but I'm not savvy enough. You get the picture.

This is the only one you will ever get, because, lets face it, I'm slightly helpless when I comes to all things make-up and beauty. I just basically started wearing tinted moisturizer; and I've only actually worn foundation and powder a total of MAYBE 3 times in my life. However, there is one thing that I'm very adamant about, and this is eyebrows.

Notice how my face looks "neater" when I have well-groomed eyebrows.

I am of the possibly harsh opinion that it is impossible for a woman to look truly pretty unless she has properly groomed eyebrows. I am also fully aware that sometimes, my life gets ahead of me, and my eyebrows are slightly scruffy. As a result, I go through my days, wishing I had a paper bag to cover my head. To me, having shaggy eyebrows is as much of an offense to humanity as not wearing deodorant and not showering for weeks on end. Ok, maybe not, but really, there's no excuse.

When I was in middle school, and my friends started to tweeze their eyebrows, my mom sat me down, and gave me a stern talking to. She said, "Anne, I'm going to take you to get your eyebrows waxed. We are going to continue to do this for the rest of your life, because heaven help me, you're a pretty girl and I don't want you to ruin this by over-tweezing." Thus, a relationship was formed. The only time in my life that I've ever let tweezers within 30 feet of my face was in Russia when I had no other choice. Getting your eyebrows done will not break the bank. I go to a school in town, and it costs me $8. The girl who did it yesterday was so good that I almost kissed her on the mouth. I hope she never graduates and she can do my eyebrows for the rest of my life. I only need to get them done about every other month, although sometimes I forget, and it goes a little longer than that. It doesn't hurt, but since I'm so fair, I'm really red for a few hours. Ain't no thang. It's worth it for the exchange that I can reach my full beauty potential later. :)

So ladies, there's no reason to have shaggy eyebrows. Do yourself a favor, and go get them done. Don't go too thin, but ask for a nice shape. You'll be happy you did.

18 comments:

Unknown said...

I couldn't agree more with all points of this post!

It's like a million bucks!

Jessica said...

And, I've totally noticed that in the last 3 years that I've had it done consistently...I have to do it less, because some of the hairs are just never growing back. It's fabulous!

Anonymous said...

I WISH I actually had eyebrows to get waxed. Mine are so freaking thin and dark that I have to savor every eyebrow I have. I do agree though that eyebrows are an important facial feature for sure.

Kirsten Krason said...

I totally need your help with eyebrows. I am a hopeless case. Please next time we get together will you help me.

Ali said...

This was totally meant for me. You'll be proud though, since Christmas, I've stayed up to date on having mine waxed every six weeks. I feel like a million bucks when I get it done.

allirasmussen@gmail.com said...

one word HILARIOUS you are seriously so funny

Gabriella said...

Your gorgeous, I'm sure you hear that often, but seriously you are.

heidiram said...

I'm waiting for the follow-up post on upper-lip wax and chin wax. Kidding. You are so stinkin blonde nothing would show anyway.

Has anyone told you that you have a really cute kid????

heidiram said...

P.S. Two comments are not related. I was just too lazy to go to a Hazen post and comment about him.

Alli said...

I totally agree with the brows being so important! yours look fabulous. I hate that you don't even need to wear foundation. I hate you for that. plus, your hair looks fantastic. I love it. i love you, all together.

Liz said...

My eyebrows are almost always unplucked - it's something I've really been giving more thought to lately, but I don't want to fork out the money for someone to wax them. I try shaping them myself, but I don't understand how to get the right shape. I'm usually happy enough with the way they look (either that, or I'm ignorant).

Lisa-Marie said...

I tweeze and it shows. I used to have beautiful thick eyebrows (though a little too thick, which is why I started tweezing) and now, they are thin and unruly, and they make me sad. How do you recommend I fix that? Do I let them grow out and start over? Oh, heaven help me.
So, seriously, what would you do?

Tiffany Kay said...

Finally! Cute AND cheap baby/toddler stuff! CHECK IT OUT!
www.pocketzfullofpoziez.blogspot.com and
www.polkadotsndaisies.blogspot.com

Doug Clark said...

I like my eyebrows bushy, scraggly and connected in the middle. Chicks dig it.

queenieweenie said...

good for your mom!

unfortunately, i never have and never will have enough eyebrow to wax...the occasional pluck works for me!

Jake said...

Just stopping by to get a gift idea for you. Clearly, no Tweezerman is needed!

Your brows DO look great.

Ilene said...

I don't get my eybrows waxed but I do wear deodorant.

So, well at least I have that going for me.

I need to do it, I know but I'm too chicken. What if they screw up and I look mad all of the time?

Beck said...

Anne, I love you.