Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!





Valentine's Day has always been my favorite holiday. This year was a little different because a- I spent all of our money in Vegas, and b- Jason had to work from 6am to 6pm, but it was still a nice day. Hazen and I had a really nice morning. I was meeting some friends for lunch, so I hopped in the shower. I normally hop in the shower while he plays in the bathroom, but when he heard the water running, he started dancing for joy, so I just pulled him in with me. I haven't done that since he was an ITTY BITTY BABY, and it truly was the highlight of my day. He didn't want to stand, so he snuggled with me, like he did when he was just a few months old and played with my hair while I held him and sang him songs. I had tears in my eyes as I saw his wide smile, and remembered, "This is what love is about".

We went to lunch with some old friends, Kirsten (not so old), and Keisha. I went to Russia with both of them, and neither Kirsten or I have seen Keisha since we said goodbye in Russia 4 years ago! Keisha has a 5 month old, and Kirsten is pregnant with her first. It's so crazy to see how much we've all changed! We went to Rumbi for lunch while Kirsten was on her lunch break. It was a lot of fun, and something that we'll definitely have to plan again!

After lunch, Hazen and I went home and had quiet time. Hazen had around 4 hours of quiet time, which hugely hindered Jason and my quiet time later that night, but that's another story for another day. Wink, Wink. When Jason got home from work, I had prepared Lobster Tail, Rice Pilaf, and Steamed Broccolli for dinner. It was the first time I had ever made Lobster Tail, and it stressed the crap out of me. It tasted delicious, but for now, I think I'll leave Lobster to be cooked by those OTHER than me. It's kind of like chicken. I cook with it all of the time, but actually touching it still really grosses me out. Having my fridge smell like Lobster? No bueno. It was still fab, but it might be a one-time thing for me.

We had some delicious cupcakes for dessert. I gave Hazen 2. Bad choice. Hazen was more hyped up than a crack-ho in her second day of rehab. I took him into the bedroom, and he was running back and forth on the bed, then screaming at the top of his lungs, and immediately laughing so hard he'd fall down. It was hilarious! Jason became slightly less amused when, at 10pm, Hazen and I were still rough-housing. Hazen's normally in bed no later than 8:30, but Valentine's Day is for people in love, and I, am in love with my two boys.

2 comments:

Amanda Fetters said...

I laughed SO. HARD. when I read that thing about a crack-ho in her second day of rehab.

Anonymous said...

glad i could help you with the crack-ho thing...
hope they tasted good!