Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Hazen's Time in California



I generally didn't take very many pictures when I was in California, because Hazen was so sick, but I did take a few. On our way there, even though he felt so crappy, he was a GEM on the plane! We had the row all to ourselves, which made a huge difference. For the most part, Hazen snuggled right up with me and fed me crackers and gave me sips of his drink, but when he wanted the option, he enjoyed standing on the other seat.

It's hard to fit restaurants that have taken me 16 years to grow to love into just a few days, but I tried! We went to In-N-Out, Chevy's, Tomatinas, Rising Loafer, and I was PLANNING on going to Domenicos, but that was sadly impossible due to the parade held for Cpt. Sullenburger. Hazen got to spend a little bit of time with his Lee cousins, Karinne, and Dominic. Unfortunately, I narrowly missed Zachary, and wasn't able to meet him, but I saw Benjamin again, and he's HUGE!!!!


I went and visited the Hall's, and also our old neighbors, the Schembris. It's always good to see old friends who you haven't seen in a while! My old friend, Marissa Clark, from High School met us for some Sunday brunch at Rising Loafer. While we were there on less than positive circumstances, I'd say that Hazen and I had a more than positive time!

5 comments:

Annalee and Buck said...

Hey! I love the pictures! I hope you don't mind if I steal them from your blog because I was a lame face and didn't bring my camera! I love the one of us and then Jason in the background. Awesome :)

Ashley Clark said...

I am so glad you had such a fun time. Those are my favorite restaurants too!

On another note, I cannot believe my mom didn't make you take a picture at her house. She is the camera queen!

allirasmussen@gmail.com said...

i finally sent you that blog invite didn't i?!?! sorry things have been crazy lately. anyway...ali, sam and i are going to plan a get together coming up here sometime this month...we'll let ya know when there is a plan...anyone else in the area we should send an email to? i have lost contact with too many of the nauvooers!!!

Gabriella said...

Hey Anne, I'm glad your back, I was missing your posts. I'm so happy that Hazen is doing better, I love the pictures. Hazen is adorable and you look fantastic!

Diana said...

Too bad we missed you guys! I got your and Marissa's facebook message like the day we left! Sorry friends! I would still love to see your little boy sometime in the near future. You guys planning a trip to Disneyland anytime soon? Let me know, we have passes!!