Sunday, February 22, 2009

Happy Birthday Abbie!





On Friday, my sweet little Abbie D had her 7th birthday party! Heather ROCKED the theme, and it was awesome! It was a "Rainbow Party", but don't google it, because it wasn't THAT. Perv. Jason, HAL, and I went over, thinking that we were 1/2 hour late to the party, but it turns out that we were 1/2 hour early; which worked out well so we could help Heather in the preparations. Heather made food that was nothing but bright, rainbow colored fruits and veggies, and it looked adorable. When the kids got there, they painted each other's faces while Heather and I sat back and let the destruction occur. It was hilarious. Jason had both of the boys at the park, and it was cute to look out the window and see the boys walking together and having fun.



Next on the agenda was tie-dye. Mental note: don't do this anytime soon until you have a backyard and no fear of getting dirty. It was really funny watching the kids dye their shirts, and they seemed to have a great time. My favorite overheard quote? "Why does Abbie's birthday party always have to be so cold!" Abbie was born in February, so her birthday parties tend to be a little on the chilly side.


After the Tie-dye, we whipped out the Pinata. My favorite part about the pinata was that we used a piece of re bar for the bat. Ain't nothin' safer than giving a bunch of 7 year olds a jagged piece of metal to swing around. Jason's job was to be the photographer/daycare provider for the babies. He did a great job. I just followed the kids around cleaning after they had moved on to the next activity. Finally, it was time for cake. We blew out candles, gave presents, and then shuttled the kids out as quickly as we could, and it was over almost as soon as it began. It was the most fun I'd had at a kids birthday in quite some time. I love you, Miss Abbie-babbie!




2 comments:

Gabriella said...

It looks like it was an awesome party. I remember forever ago, you telling me what a great mom Heather is. I think you've turned out just like her. I hope I'll throw my kids great parties like that!

Gabriella said...

It looks like it was an awesome party. I remember forever ago, you telling me what a great mom Heather is. I think you've turned out just like her. I hope I'll throw my kids great parties like that!