Wednesday, February 18, 2009

An Ode To Sunflower Markets


I have a new favorite thing. This thing brings me joy. I get stomachaches of anticipation for Wednesdays, because I get to enjoy my new favorite thing.



This thing, is Sunflower Markets. Now, I don't know if you've been to Utah before, but, (gasp), the produce here sucks. It's not that great tasting, and it's inordinately expensive. That sucks, because if you want a fighting chance of eating healthy, you need to be willing to pay the big bucks. Not anymore. Sunflower is a new store in Orem that has fresh, beautiful, delicious produce at REALLY affordable prices. The best thing about Sunflower? Double Ad Wednesdays. Every Wednesday, the sale prices from the previous week are accepted in addition to the sales from the upcoming weeks. Do you know what this results in?? Crazy, unbelievable, fabulous prices!!! I know, I sound like an infomercial, but do you realize that since I've discovered Sunflower, I've mainly subsisted on Fruits and Veggies? **Side note: I MUST have the VitaMix. If you get it for me, I WILL love you forever. And probably kiss you on the mouth.

What's more, they have an INCREDIBLE selection of dried fruits, veggies, and nuts. Yep, that's what I've been snacking on these days, and I couldn't be happier!


Believe it or not, Sunflower even sells doughnuts, even though it's a health store!


Sunflower makes me happy. Sunflower, you are the rays of my sunshine. Thank you for encouraging me to eat delicious, fresh food in the middle of this cold, cold winter.

4 comments:

Jen Bowen said...

I've recently started shopping at Sunflower Market also (probably the exact same one). I love it too! Have you tried their Honey Whole Wheat bread? It's amazing. It's great to actually find produce and stuff for good prices during the winter so I can make a variety of baby foods for Zach.

Paige said...

l love YOU forever if you let me go with you next week!

Sarah said...

Oh I wish we had one out here! The best place to get anything here is in Costco, although if you want anything you have to buy TONS of it. One more thing on the list to convince Mitch that we need to move to Utah.

heidiram said...

I don't even want to hear your produce whining. :0) How about $1 for 1 apple that has been transported cross-country from WA? By the time it gets to me, I have to hurry and eat it because it's already on the verge of spoiling. I LOVE Utah because the plethora of produce. And you can plant a garden and not have the sun fry the produce or have the raccoons and opossums eat everything in sight if it does happen to grow.