Friday, February 20, 2009

A Wake-Up Call

So, tonight, I went to Abbie's birthday party to help out. We had a great time (post coming), and the birthday girl seemed to be thrilled with the turnout. As we loaded into our car, I noticed that something was slightly off with the passenger side. As I looked further, I realized that the glove compartment was open, everything was strewn on the floor, and all of the contents of the center console were thrown on the seats. I asked Jason if he had come out to the car- he said no, and I knew that I hadn't done it, either. I asked Heather, and some others, and the general consensus was that no one had been in my car. It looks as though someone had tried to break into my car. Luckily, I didn't have anything of value in the car, but that was actually an exception to what I normally have in my car. Usually, when I go to Heather's house, I leave my cell phone in the car, my purse, and more often than not, my keys are sitting in the ignition!! Now, Heather doesn't live in the inner-city! Her house is in a quiet neighborhood in the middle of a small down. The ballsy thing about this event is that there was a BIRTHDAY party going on! People were constantly in and out, and a decent portion of the party was actually outside! I've learned that I need to be better with locking my doors, because, hey, even small town Utah isn't always safe!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fortunate wake up call, nothing too bad happened! What a blessing!

Kirsten Krason said...

My family's car has been stolen a few times in Provo. I used to always leave my car unlocked until I married Josh. He never allows it. Even living in happy valley.

I'm glad nothing was stolen!

Heather said...

You know it was a crazy boy scout initiation prank.

Maren and Blake said...

Scary. It's sad that society has gotten to this point.

Candace said...

I've noticed that a lot of people in Utah feel safe not locking their doors, because hey, it's utah. Sadly there are just as many jerks here as everywhere else. The ONE TIME I left my car unlocked(ever!) my phone got stolen. I'm glad you didn't have anything valuable in there!

Emily said...

Ewww doesn't it feel weird to know that someone was in your car?! Creepy! My car was broken into when it was at Jason's parents house, and all they stole was some cheap Target sunglasses. And then I found out later that some kid got kicked out of his home so he was going around breaking into people's cars and sleeping in them. And stealing Merona sunglasses too, apparently.