Saturday, July 5, 2008

Wednesday




Wednesday was Ashley's last day here. :o( Wednesday can also be called: The Day I kept on trying to insure my child.



We went to Thanksgiving Point gardens before Ashley went to the airport. It was beautiful! My only complaint was that it was so hot!! We walked around for a while, and then Ashley had to leave. Since Heather was going to the airport anyway, she took her while I stayed for a while longer with Abbie.

Enter Project:Injure HAL. First, let me emphasize that I wasn't really trying to hurt HAL. However, we were just not having a great day. While HAL was playing in the fountain with Max, he fell, and totally banged up his chin. He got over it pretty quickly, and he actually had a war wound to show for it. After the Gardens, we rested for a while, and then we went to the PG Pool.
Heather came too, and encouraged me to take him down the water slide, something that I had seen many other mothers do. Word to the wise: Don't take your 11 month old down a water slide unless you're SURE you can stick the landing. I'm sure you can guess what happened. Needless to say, it's 4 days later, and I still feel horrible for almost drowning my baby. To top it all off? I was hooking him into his carseat, and I somehow managed to clip his lip into the harness. Mother of the year? Party of one.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute best friends... so when's the next NSC reunion again?

Annemarie said...

Oh, we could all nominate ourselves for "mother of the year" every once in a while. Been there. So sorry it had to happen a few times in one day...been there, too!

Hazen5 said...

Poor Hal! You must have been in heaven with Ashley visiting!!

Nortorious said...

I bet the lifeguard enjoyed watching that one. Did you have to get rescued?

The Magic Family said...

Don't be too hard on yourself, EVERY mom does something like that... even the ones that you look at and think, "Wow, she really should get mother of the year!" Hal is getting so big! He is like a little man! What a fun boy!

Gabriella said...

It sounds like you've had quite the week, how fun! I'm sorry to hear about Hazen. At least he's little and won't remember, right? I'm sure that doesn't make you feel any better. Kate fell down the stairs a couple of weeks ago, I'm pretty sure I said a 4 letter word and then felt like the worst mom the rest of the day. Oh well, it's all part of growing up.

Aubrey said...

So, just wondering when I will be considered a good enough friend to be included on your blog roll.

cuz it hurts.

Sarah said...

You guys always look like you are having so much fun!!! I need to convince this hubby of mine that we are moving to Utah! Everyone in Utah has more fun than anyone in Fern-tucky!