Wednesday, July 23, 2008

HAL's Birthday Celebration (1 of 3)




I know, I know, the birthday isn't for another 2 weeks, but Jason's parents were in town before they left on their mission, so we decided to have a mini-celebration since they wouldn't see him for 18 months.

Jason made the cake, and did everything, kind of because I want to wait until his actual birthday to play the full part of doting mother- this was a fun chance for Jason to do this for Hazen's birthday.


As per Melendez/now Hazen tradition, Hazen had to TAKE A BITE of his cake!! It was like that commercial where the dog gets fed the peanut butter- classic.



Lastly, we let him go to town on a piece of his own. He didn't QUITE know how he felt about it at first, but then the whole cake idea really grew on him. What a darling boy!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

CUTE CUTE! SO cute! I love all of these pictures. Hazen makes the cutest faces!

Emily said...

That made me laugh. So fun! You get the best shots of Hazen's funny expressions. And way to go Jason, the cake was beautiful!

Annemarie said...

CUTEST by far!! I LOVE the pics of him in the high chair...checkin' out his cake covered hand & just chillin'!!

Janet Lee said...

I love seeing pictures of babies eating their first birthday cakes! It's hilarious!!! The Parent's were so excited to be able to celebrate Hazen's birthday before they left. I think the hardest thing for Mom will be missing her grandkids.

Amanda Fetters said...

I am so impressed that Jason made that cake! Love the fish cheeks picture...that is classic. I'm really excited to see his real bday party -- actually I was wondering about that the other day. Are you keeping your big plans secret or what?

diane said...

I think he likes cake. I like the grin!

Hazen5 said...

I am glad you are adopting our "take a bite" tradition, my kids love it and it looks like Hal does too!