Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Doin' it, Osmond Style.



On Friday, we were lucky enough to get tickets to the Mo Tab's Pioneer Day Celebration with the Osmond family. My friend from Nauvoo, Cami, plays violin for the Symphony at Temple Square (I know, cool, right??), and she had extra tickets to the concert. I jumped the second I found out, and she was nice enough to let us have 4 tickets!! We took my mom and dad, and headed over to the conference center for the big night.

First, we listened to some gorgeous music from the Mo Tab (did you know it's one of my life goals to be in it one day? That's another post for another day.) I could listen to them all day. Cue the Osmonds.

My brother-in-law, Brad, nicknamed the Conference Center the "Supernacle" when it was being built. Well, Brad, Supernacle it was! The announcer comes on "And now(nownownow) Presenting(entingentingenting)......THE OSMONDS!!!! The crowd goes wild, the disco lights pan crazily over the Tab, and Orchestra, ya know, the Prophet. Did you catch that? THE PROPHET!! THERE WERE DISCO LIGHTS AND SCREAMING AROUND THE PROPHET. The crowd is screaming, cheering, there are basically people out with lighters waving their arms. It was the most hilarious thing I've ever seen.

The concert was really good, and we enjoyed ourselves, and Marie looked great. I'll tell you though, that Donny- he sure was worth the hype!

2 comments:

Ashley Clark said...

I was going to ask you if Marie was all skinny. She's the new Nutrisystem spokesperson.

Marc and Lori Johnson said...

Did you know that Marc and I went to that too! I loved it. Marc had never really heard about the Osmonds before so he thought it was...different. But I agree, Donny really is awesome!