Saturday, July 5, 2008

Monday



Monday was a fun and busy day! Ashley and I got up, and took HAL to the Neurologist, Dr. Benedict. She was a jerk. If you're reading this, Dr, yeah, I think you're a jerk. She walks in the room (we were 4 minutes late, because the place he was being seen was out in the boonies), and says, " You were 20 minutes late, I have other appts, so I'm not going to be able to really spend time with your baby." I go, "Uh...our appt was at 9....". She counters with, "Exactly". Now, just so you know, if you think you're going to get away with exaggeration, don't try it with the queen. So I respond (totally snotty), "Well fine then, get to it instead of wasting your time with me!"

Anyway, she was not the most pleasant woman I've met in my life, but long story short, we can sit back, relax, and breath a sigh of relief for the next year or two, because as far as she's going to be able to tell until he starts to talk, he's doing just fine!! What a blessing! She said that he might not be the most coordinated athlete, and he might have a tough time with reading and math, but it looks like he'll be fine! Of course, I'll continue to keep my eyes open, but I feel really good about this in the meantime.



After naps, we dropped by Heather's house to play on their water slide. HAL was cold, but for the most part, as long as Mia wasn't trying to drown him, had a good time!




Monday night was so much fun! Pleasant Grove City had a huge party to celebrate the "Fiscal New Year" (something I had never celebrated before)/Kick off being a Full-time department without Lindon. They went to Smith Bro. for steak and we had a huge meal full of steak, corn, potatoes, rolls, and Klondike bars! What a feast!!


After the dinner at the park, we headed over to the Watergarden Cinemas where we had rented out the theater for "Get Smart". It was a cute movie. Ashley, Jason and I rode over on the ambulance with Aubrey driving! It was my first time ever in the back of an ambulance ride, and it was a ton of fun- albeit 98 degrees back there.

Could he be any hotter????


At Midnight, after the movie, they set off fireworks, and then made a bonfire to burn the PG/Lindon shirts. Most of the guys tore off their blue shirts to reveal the PG Fire shirts underneath. How neat that Jason and I were able to be a part of such a monumental occasion! The fireworks were right across the street, and it was the closest/scariest fireworks display I'd ever seen! We got home at 1 am, grateful for such a fun and wonderful day!

1 comments:

diane said...

I love fire fighters! I was in the back of an ambulance a year ago...not so fun.