Saturday, July 19, 2008

Raindrops on Roses....

Right now, Hazen has a lot of favorites, and a few not so favorites.

Foods:

Hazen loves, loves, loves Cottage Cheese, Muenster Cheese, Chicken Nuggets, Lucky Charms, minus the Lucky, extra on the Charms, and Ritz Crackers (still).

He's been stressing me out, because he's gone through quite the picky streak, but as long as I can get MOST of the basic food groups in his little body, then I feel ok about it.

Room:

Hazen loves to crawl all the way back to the play room. He will play there for hours. I've made pretty much sure that there are no dangerous objects back there, so I'll leave him and get some chores done around the house, and he's as happy as can be. We do need to get a Nylon strap to secure one of the bookshelves to the wall, but as soon as I do that, then I'll feel much more comfortable with him being back there. He also loves the bathroom. Not to play in the toilet, but so that he can pull himself up on the shower, and knock anything within reach down. I'd think that it would get boring, but he seems to be just fine with things. He also loves our room. He tries to get anything off of my makeup table, which drives me nuts, but if I turn on the blow-dryer, it will scare him away.

People:

Aunt Heather, Abbie, Grandma, and other Jason. He loves most everyone, but when he sees these people from MILES away, he goes crazy. In a recent text message with other Jason's wife, Aubrey, I asked her, should we bring Hazen, or leave him at home? She responded with, "Whatever's fine. Your kid can entertain mine." (Meaning Jason). We feel so lucky to have so many people surrounding us that love Hazen so much!

Toys:

All things he shouldn't have. He's already broken two cell phones. One was mine, which I was still using. He caused it to stop ringing, and occasionally turn off out of nowhere. That was annoying. He also caused Jason's old phone's screen to stop working. That makes looking up contacts really difficult. The biggest casualty? When we're out and he's being fussy, giving him my keys is a surefire way to make him happy again. He broke my unlocker, and I am devastated. As a result, my car is NEVER locked. Please don't steal it, but if you choose to, I promise you it won't be a challenge.

Dislikes:

Blow-dryers, Vacuums, and the Food Processor. I was making Pesto tonight (yes, with Basil grown from our garden to accompany the squash and zucchini from our garden I served it with over pasta), and he about lost it from the Food Processor. It wasn't even that loud!! Having his diaper changed- especially if I won't let him play with his area. He just has WAY too many other things he'd rather be doing than laying down getting changed!

Hazen continues to be so much fun, and we are crazy about him! He's such a good little boy, and is my little puppy dog who follows me around wherever I go. I would have no other companion!! I love when we're driving in the car, he looks in my rear-view mirror and talks to me until I change the view so I can see him; then he laughs and laughs. What a little angel!

4 comments:

Hazen5 said...

I can't wait to experience some of his favorites and not so favorites when we visit.

I am going to try to get on that "Favorite People" list!

Amanda Fetters said...

He is so stinking cute.

Kirsten Krason said...

Hazen is one of my favorite things. Plus your food. I want some right now.

Tristan said...

Love that last picture!!