Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Dear Jason!!



Jason's birthday was on Sunday! I'm married to an old man- he's 28 now. Actually, I think it's kind of hot that my hubby is older than me. Jason had to work all day Sunday (6 to 6), but when he got home, he was greeted by a totally rocking party!

Emily and Andy, Jason and Aubrey, Richard and Jessica, and us were all in attendance. For dinner, Jason specifically requested Chili Burgers. Gross. He is so cute, each year, I give him a choice of ANYTHING he wants for dinner, and without fail, he chooses total man food. Love that man.


Enter the cake. I don't know what it is about me and Jason's birthday cake (every year), but we don't get along very well. At all. This year, I thought I'd make little delightful cupcakes. It would be perfect, everyone would be happy. When we went upstairs, they were acceptable. There were some technical difficulties prior, but they stood up ok, they still looked like cupcakes. When Aubrey and I came downstairs to fetch the "cake" it was a different story. It looked like someone had tossed them across the room, and then played catch with the cake platter. Needless to say, we had a good laugh.

This was pre-service. WHAT HAPPENED???

5 comments:

Hazen5 said...

Happy Birthday Jason! Hope all your wishes came true! Love the cup-cakes!

Sarah said...

Oh!! Those poor little cakes!! Totally memorable and fun though and it looks like he enjoyed them!

Also I wanted to let you know I think I am going to change my moniker/web addy. I will update you if I do. The hubby has his new job now and I am not 100% sure that I want our names up to match our pictures. We shall see!

Sarah said...

By the way, what's up with the little ugly duckling cupcake? Did it turn chocolate in the oven or are there more where it came from?

Ashley Clark said...

28 does sound old. Every year on Doug's birthday, I tell him that his sperm is getting old and that we'd better have a baby soon. He never buys it.

Kirsten Krason said...

Happy Birthday Jason!!! Those cakes look good to me. I would eat them.