Monday, August 6, 2007

"You Couldn't Look Any Worse..."

Funniest thing that has been said to me in a LONG time comes compliments of my dear sweet hubby. I love the man. He is sooooo good about being sweet and supportive, and sometimes, his words get jumbled, and things don't quite come out as they should. For example:

Yesterday, I wasn't feeling well AT ALL, so he called the hospital, and they said that it would be best just to bring me in again, to be safe. So, I ran a comb through my previously unbrushed hair, brushed my teeth, and commented that I looked "amazing".

J: Well do you want a hat so your hair will stay back?
A: No, lets not make an already unpleasant picture worse
J: Aw baby, you couldn't look any worse!

I process, and then immediately start giggling, because I know that's not what he meant to say. He processess, albeit slower than I did, and get a HORRIFIED look on his face. All he can say is, "Oh no.....ohhh no...oh no." By this time, I have tears coming down my cheeks because it was so funny. He's still apologizing, but truthfully, I'm glad he said it, because it gave me a GOOOOOD laugh.

6 comments:

Ali said...

Anne,
Loved this story. Humor is the best remedy. I am crossing my fingers for you that all is well with you and sweet little Hazen. I will be back in SLC on the 17th. When's the due date again? If I arrive before Hazen does, I will be down to visit.

Tari said...

Anne!! Hey you!I know you're not feeling that great...but I'm sure you look so cute!

Heather said...

I think you should do little movie reviews on all the TV you get to watch. It would be entertaining.

Amanda Fetters said...

Well Anne, I have to say that at least one good thing (other than a beautiful baby) is coming out of this bedrest thing...you're POSTING EVERY DAY!!

Anonymous said...

hahahahaha

Paige said...

Anne, I love your pregnancy pity party, please continue. The bad news is it gets worse with each kid (and the fat and the sore boobs and the stitches, oh the stitches!). The good news is the baby.