Sunday, August 19, 2007

My kid is cuter than yours...






See? I told you.

We got to do the Kangaroo Care today. It's when the baby (in only a diaper) lays on your bare chest. I can't even tell you how AWESOME it was to feel his little drool roll down my chest. He really is dreamy. He also sleeps EXACTLY like me. Mouth wiiiiide open, but I think it's pretty much the cutest thing ever. They took him off of the CPAP (which is like a nasal mask thing, it's a ventilator), but he was working a little bit too hard, so I think they'll put him back on. It totally covers his mouth, which is a bummer, but I'd rather see him in that, then in distress.

They also have him doing some tests today because they think he might be having little seizures. It's either that, or a reaction to some medication, so hopefully it was the meds. I love him so much! We're doing better, but he still has a LONG road ahead of him. I'm so grateful for such a beautiful, sweet, perfect little boy though.

12 comments:

Hazen5 said...

I must agree your baby is sooooo cute but, let's just call it a tie! I can't go against my own children's looks. I am so glad HAL is doing good and you finally got to hold that sweet baby. You know it must be a Hazen thing, Rob catches flies while he sleeps too! Thanks for your comments on my blog, I never realized how much you look forward to them. Love and kisses to the whole Lee gang!

heidiram said...

I am SOOOOOO happy that you were able to hold your little guy. Mateo says "I like Hazen. I like Anne and her teeth like that when she's holding Hazen."

Celia Fae said...

I am glad you finally got to hold that sweet baby. I would like a picture of you bouncing like a kangaroo, please.

Paige said...

Heaven is a Kangaroo!

neffgang said...

Anne,

Congratulations. I'm really proud of you and everything you've had to do to bring this little spirit here.

Your baby is beautiful!

All the best,

Brian & Steph

Celia Fae said...

Do you ever wish we would leave sweet loving comments? I understand about the boobs and the jumping. My mother does have a cow costume that comes complete with udder. Perhaps I could ship it to you?

Marisa said...

Amazing! Has he shown you his eyes yet? I am dying to know!

Heather said...

Very gerber model like.

Ali said...

You sure look happy holding your boy, but let's be honest... your title is no way to make friends!! Ha ha ha, but as a fellow mother I totally understand how we all secretly (or in your case publicly!) know that our kid is the cutest! But you are right, Hazen is SO CUTE!!

Liz said...

Hazen is so cute! I love the picture with his mouth wide open. It's in a perfect circle. And to answer your question, Scott and I have been trying to start a family for two years now. So whenever our kid comes along, we can really decide who's is cuter. Until then, I'm so glad that Hazen's health is progressing. I love you!

Fact:Bears eat beets said...

So can we call him Slaze for short or Slazen...or Purple Haze"n" (google Jimi Hendrix)...wait until he runs for office "Don't be a Raisen vote for Hazen"...It worked for his uncle...Sgt. at Arms Foster City Elem and also his cousin VP San Elijo Elem. Very cute...

Keersten Jensen said...

Hi Anne, I had to check out your blog after noticing all of your comments on Ali's. You are so darling and I just wanted to add my good wishes to cute Hazen. I remember the first time we got to do kangroo care with our (now 14 month old) Emily. That NICU time is so tough. I highly recomend listening to books on tape during pumping (especially in the pumping room.) All the best and hang in there!