Monday, August 13, 2007

PURE OUTRAGE

Don't get alarmed. This post is actually not (completely) about my boy.

We went to the hospital tonight to see him and for Jason to give him a blessing. That is not the part that outraged me. As we drove around looking for a parking spot I saw a woman in a hospital gown standing outside smoking. Jason and I were slightly perplexed at the fact that someone who has been admitted to a hospital would smoke- it just seems a little counter-intuitive.

We parked the car and walked towards the door of the hospital, and I saw a very familiar bump on this woman. On her stomach. This biznatch who was VERY VERY pregnant was standing outside of the hospital SMOKING. At first I was shocked, but then I became very upset. I looked at her, completely aghast, and started bawling as we walked away. I didn't drink soda, I stayed away from people who smoked, I even sacrificed SUSHI for the whole time I was pregnant so that my boy would come out strong and healthy, and here I was coming to see my sweet baby in the NICU. How dare she harm her baby INTENTIONALLY????

Jason was proud. I didn't throw down. I kind of didn't have the emotional wherewithall to do it. But I wanted to. It's hard. Part of me wants to say, "I hope your baby is sick so you learn your lesson", but no baby deserves to be sick and hurt. So, "I hope you develop some type of mysterious infection after you give birth to a perfectly healthy baby that not only keeps you from ever being able to procreate again, but gives you sickly blisters all over your face, and especially painful ones on your genitals that cause your baby daddy to leave you and he gains full custody of the baby, remarries a perfectly sweet woman who would never dream of smoking while pregnant, and you end up ugly and alone." So there.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

There is absolutely no way I would have been able to keep my mouth shut. Because you know this horrible woman not only smoked through her pregnancy. You know she will continue to by her infant, and through his childhood. What a complete B****! Seriously!

On another note... How's da baby? My mom is going to email me something she wants to write to you, but can't because you don't accept anonymous comments. She has some very helpful info for ya about preemies. Hope everyone is well and you and shorty are both healing and getting ready to keep each other up all night!

TamiRichins said...

Anne,
I am so sorry that your baby has needed to go to the NICU. He lookes very cute. I hope all goes well!! That lady is an idot. If I ever see anyone doing that I will throw down for you! I hope he comes home soon!!!
Tami (Brandi) your favorite babysitter. Cheryl was just too mean =)

Stephanie said...

You should have smacked her in the face.

Paige said...

Yay Anne, congrats on your little man. Maybe since he is starting small you get to keep him a baby a tiny bit longer! Perhaps you can clip a little bit of that body fur and call it his first haircut!

Alli said...

that was hilarious. i hope she develops everything you said. and if she doesn't... we will hunt her down and force some of those to come true