Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Another update....

HAL is actually doing much better today. YAY!!!

Dopamine: He's been weaned off of it, and his blood pressure is staying totally stable without it.

Antibiotics: He no longer needs them

Lungs: They've flipped him back to his back, and are re-inflating his lungs. They are doing an X-Ray at 10 pm, so we'll see if it's looking like it should. More on that tomorrow probably

Heart Meds: He gets his last dose tonight, and they're doing a heart Echo tomorrow to see if it took. Keep your fingers crossed and keep on praying!

Speaking of praying, I've been doing a lot of it, however, I've also been doing a lot of falling asleep while praying. Is it bad to say a prayer to specifically apologize for sleeping through prayers?? Hope not. :o)

5 comments:

Ali said...

Great great great news! There is no reason to feel bad about falling asleep during prayer. It's happened a lot to me now that I am a Mom! Exhaustion is part of the job, but i am sure what you're experience is something totally different! I was so happy to hear the update and I hope all goes well with the echo!

Ali said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

Im so glad today was such a great day for the little guy!!! I had a stitch & bitch group tonight, and his little blankie is about 1/5th done! I will be working on it for probably the next week or so, then will ship it off to ya. It was really fun tonight, I taught two girlfriends how to crochet, and we had oreos and talked like girls do. It's funny, because normally my company is one of three: my husband who is on the quiet side of life, my charges, who don't quite get the meaning of "use your words" all the time, or my guy friends who talk through headphones while playing Halo 2.

I am very excited to finish this blankie, it's about time I have an actual excuse to make a little blankie! My baby box is getting too full with future baby stuff!

I had a thought though... since I am teaching my girlfriends to crochet and all, I know that some hospitals give the NICO babies their own blanket and knitted hat. I was thinking of maybe starting a group here in Reno to do that for our hospitals! What do ya think? Even if not for the babies, maybe for kids in the children's hospital so they can have something to snuggle too? I will blog about this on my own blog soon, rather than take up all your comment space. Haha, have a fantastic evening Anne, Jason, and Hazen!!

Anonymous said...

i love hanging out with you

Unknown said...

Anne - Hang in There!! As someone who had to face extraordinary life circumstances regarding babies (we had a baby die six years ago) - I have found that although you don't necessary want difficult roads, they certainly mature you and offer life perspective you would never get otherwise. NICU nurses and doctors know what they are doing and I'm sure HAL will make it through with flying colors!
Big Prayers to all of you!