Saturday, August 25, 2007

Shameless plug

Ok, this plug is not so much for me at all, however, next week sometime, once my darling boy gets taken off of the Nasal CPAP, Kelli Saunders is coming to the hospital to shoot some pictures of him. She is amazing! If I had known about her skills, I would have had her do my wedding in a HEARTBEAT, but I guess that at least I have all of the rest of my life to have her photograph important life events, right? Go to her website, www.kellinicolephoto.com. Hopefully, my dear boy will make the website, or at least the blog!!!

In other news, I apologize for the lack of updating on Hazen over the past few days. It's mostly been more of the same. He hasn't had any seizure activity since he was seizuring all day on Sunday, which is a huge blessing. They did a Lumbar Puncture, MRI, scans, blood tests, etc, and still can't nail down the cause of the seizures. I guess we might never know. However, I can and will tell you that it was absolutely horrible to be holding my sweet baby, and have him taken away from me, and then have to walk away from him while he was laying on the bed seizing. Seriously, worst enemy, wouldn't wish it on them. He was taken off of the Nasal CPAP on Sunday, and put on a canula, then put back on the CPAP, then taken off on Wednesday, then put back on it Thursday. He's still on the CPAP today, which is like a big ole mask thing, and I just spoke with the Dr, who said that his CO2 sats are still too high. One of the reasons for this is because of a trait that he inherited from his mama: he just can't keep his mouth closed! It's messing up his sats when he's always sleeping with his mouth wide open! It's pretty funny, but, his kidneys need to kick into gear to regulate it, so hopefully they'll get moving pretty soon! He is adorable though, and I've been able to hold him a few times over the past few days. I love him so much!!!

3 comments:

Liz said...

I'm sorry it took me so long to reply to your Utah idea. I've considered living in Utah, but with Scott's job, I think we're pretty much stuck here the rest of our lives. We'll see. I wish we could live close to you guys. It would be fun to hang out with you again - and to dress our kids in firefighting clothes. (Jason's a firefighter?)

Kelli Nicole Photography said...

You are too cute! Thanks for the plug. He will DEFINITELY be on the blog, and most likely make the website too...eventually. i'm really behind on updating it. By the way, I'm leaving for San Diego on the 30th, be back the 3rd, so we can do it before or after that! See ya soon!

Celia Fae said...

Thank you for indulging me. I'm glad Baby Hal is such a champ, and you are too. Please keep updating or I will have to do crazy things like call the hospital in the middle of the night to check his status.