Monday, August 27, 2007

Wit's end.

Have you ever gotten to the point where you just don't think you can hack it anymore? I'm there. I've been there since yesterday, and I don't know when I'm going to get away from there. This is too hard. There, I've said it. It's too hard, and I don't know how I'm supposed to do it anymore. I'm not strong enough. I'm sorry to have blog diarrhea, but I just can't take the time to write down my feelings, and I have to get them out somehow, so blogspot, you're it. The doctors don't know what's wrong with Hazen. They can't quite figure him out. Just when they think that they've got it nailed down on what his problems are, he develops something bigger, or worse, or more worrisome. I think that's one of the hardest things. The doctors can't even tell me what's wrong with him. Do you know how frustrating it gets when every sentence that comes from a doctor begins with, "We're really concerned", or, "He just isn't getting better"?

I'm so frustrated. I'm angry, scared and pissed, but I don't know who to be mad at. I want to be mad at myself, but that doesn't make it feel any better. I'm not mad at my sweet baby, but I'm so frustrated. WHY can't he get better? It's been 19 days now, with probably more digression than progress. I'm frustrated at the doctors, because they're supposed to have all of the answers, but I know that they're doing the best they can, so I'm not really mad at them. I want to hold and to love my little boy, but each time I do it makes me love him more, which is too hard. I feel like such a failure as a mother, because in the back of my mind I'm preparing myself for him not to make it. Mom's don't do that. Mom's have more faith than anyone, but I'm out. This is by far the worst thing that has even happened in my life, and it just seems like it's topped on so many other things that we've got going on. Jason is bending over backwards trying to be successful at the fire academy, and work, making time for Hazen, and trying to be supportive to me, but it's just too much. I feel so horrible, because he's already so over-extended, and I don't want to be any more of a drain on him than life already is.

I want words of hope from the Doctors, but even they can't offer that. It seems like they just don't know anymore if there's hope to give. I sound like such a Debbie Downer, but in all reality, I DON'T know if my baby will be ok. I DON'T know when he will come home, and all I can do is pray that he does. I just want a phone call saying that he's turned the corner, or at least that for once they know WHAT is wrong with him, and that they have a steady course of action. I just don't know how to do another day of this.

I will say that I DO thank my blog readers for READING instead of calling every 10 minutes for updates. It's just too hard to break everything down for all of our family members and friends. You can never imagine how emotionally, physically, and spiritually draining this is. If I seem grumpy, unfriendly, or negative, I'm not, I'm just trying to get through another day. Tick tock. Please be understanding, hopefully I'll be back to myself someday. Just be patient, and don't ask to hold my baby. The end. Love you all.

16 comments:

Hazen5 said...

We wish your little family did not have to go through this. It's hard making any sense of why this is happening to you all. So, don't even try. Just concentrate on having Hazen here, he is such a sweet, blessed baby! You are all in our prayers and thoughts! We love you!

Celia Fae said...

I am ready to get on a plane and yell at some doctors. Be afraid. Where is your mother? Can she hold you? I'm so sorry you have to go through what you are going through. And I admire your candor. Baby Hal is going to make it. Preemies always swing back and forth, but eventually they turn out okay. Keep loving your little boy, and take care of yourself, too. Your life sucks right now and it is okay to be pissed about it.

Paige said...

You deserve to be pissed and sad and at wit's end. This is horrible and definitely the hardest thing you will ever go thru (I can't imagine worse!). We are thinking of you and worried. Yelling at doctors helps, really. They are supposed to know it all and if they don't they should suffer like you are.

paige said...

I hope you are feeling better, I know you will go through emotions faster than I go through gummy worms but hang in there! Hard trials only come to those who can handle them, so there's the proof that you & Jason are strong people. Eventhough you are struggling with the biggest trial of your life, think of what a miracle he is & take everday one at a time. Love you!

Brigitta said...

You don't know me but I blog stalked you through Celia's blog. (she's my friend) Anyway, everything you are feeling and thinking is normal. And just allow yourself to feel all those emotions and don't be sorry. You are being strong. I can imagine that it's so hard right now. Hard to see your helpless baby sick and you can't do anything for him, but pray and love him. Things work out they always do. Life has a way of working it's way through. I hope you have family and friends that can support you through this. I am impressed with your strength and honesty in facing this challenge. Thinking of you and your little guy

Anonymous said...

We love you. Don't worry about anyone else right now. Now, more than ever, it's family first! We're still praying for you.

Ellie said...

Wow. I can't imagine what you must be going thru. We'll remember your little family in our prayers. -Ellie (Celia sent me. I am her more clever, younger and cuter sister.)

Nortorious said...

Poor little baby. I'm so sorry your little family has to experience this, but I want you to know that the rest of us new moms suffer vicariously with you. We will pray for your tiny fighter.
(ps I'm Nor, celia's younger smarter sister, cuter than ellie.)

Val said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
D-dawg said...

You don't know me either but I'm so sorry for what you're going through. You seem so strong though... stronger than I imagine I would be if I had to go through this. He is so sweet. I love the pictures! Keep moving forward, things will work out somehow! You're doing the best you can do right now.

Natalie Z said...

My dear Anne,
As I was reading your blog I couldn't help but think about the time we went for a walk and you told me that you feel very strongly that you need to have a baby. No one agreed with you but you knew what you were feeling. Remember that feeling. The Lord is carrying you and your family in his hands. It may not seem like it but he is. You are in my prayers as is Jason and Hazen. There is a reason for your suffering. You are a fantastic mom. And yes, you are allowed to be at your wit's end. Love you girl.

Celia Fae said...

Val prays?

Brie said...

I'm so sorry for all that you and Hazen are having to go through. You are in our prayers!

Jessica said...

Hey, this is Jessica from Celia and Paige's blogs! I'm sorry. I had a nephew who was in the hospital forever and it was so hard on them.

Good luck. I'll say prayers for you, that you'll have some hopeful days mixed in with the hard ones, and for him, that he will GET BETTER!

Emily said...

Anne just think of all the people that have blog-stalked you and commented and that are praying for your family. And then think of all the people that are to scared to comment like I usually am when I blog-stalk! There are so many people out there that are all rooting for the Lee's and for little Hazen and that are praying for you. And I love you.

ashli said...

Anne-
I am a blog stalker of yours because I read Heather's and have since started reading yours since word of your little one came along. I am so sorry for your pain and hope you know that all us mom's out here in the big bad blogging world are praying for you and your sweet darling little boy! Hang in there!
ashli storheim