Monday, August 13, 2007

Update

Jason with his boy. Please note the size difference. :o)
Some flowers I got from Becky and BJ. The pink one is for me, and the blue ones are for my boy. Something about the amazing vibrance from these flowers makes me really happy. And hopeful.
My little one sleeping on his left side- so as to collapse his lung.
I love this one. When we go visit Hazen, the whole time, I take his little hand (this, by the way is NOT my hand), and I hold it. Yesterday, I had one sweaty ring finger. Totally worth it though. Look at those hands, aren't they dreamy? NEWSFLASH: Everything about my boy is completely dreamy.

Funny story- I'll take whatever I can get, but I was standing by his bed the other day, and all of a sudden, a gush of liquid fell on my foot. I was really confused, but looked down, and saw this yellow container. I asked the nurse if he by chance had a catheter- he does. MY BOY PEED ON MY FOOT!!!! WEEEHOO! Now, I ask you to refer to earlier posts by me where I complained of my fear of being peed on by a boy. My oh my, how things can change!

Anyway. Monday update- He's been on his left side again for over 24 hours. They took another X Ray, and his left lung is completely collapsed. (A good thing). The air pockets are gone, so they're going to leave him on his side for another 24-48 hours so that the lungs can heal more. This is improvement, and that makes me happy. In other news though, there is a vessel that is located right above his heart. While he was in my belly, it was ok that the vessel was open, but it should have closed by now. It hasn't, so they're going to give him medication that only has a 30-40% success rate for getting the job done. They can administer 3 doses a round, which are all 24 hours apart. So, in 76 hours, they will reevaluate to see if any progress has been made. If it's fixed, then YAY!!! If SOME progress has been made, but not all, then they can do one more round of 3 doses each. If no progress has been made, or if after the 2 round it's still not fixed, then it looks like surgery.

So, faithful blog readers: Your job, if you choose to accept it, is to join with us in some dilligent prayers that Hazen will be one of the 30-40% for which this medicine helps. I know that faith is the one thing that is going to get us all through this specific trial in our lives, and I can't tell you how much all of your support means to me. I know that my baby will be ok one day, and when it comes, I can't tell you how much each time I can hold him, and kiss him, and see his sweet face will mean to me.

6 comments:

paige said...

Yay! Sounds like everything is going great & that your spirits are high. As far as I know we are coming by tomorrow (Me, Michelle & Natalie) Should be some good times. I pray every night for my little HAL...okay, YOUR little HAL. :) I am excited for our trip...especailly since Lorin left me & is at Lake Powell. Boo... but I stayed here just so I could visit you. :)

weeze or Alissa said...

Wow Annie
iT's your cousin weeze here and I just got you blog spot on your wee one. I got the info from grandma and I wasn't totally sure if she was talking about you or heather. Well anyway, I'll slip a few prayers in for Hazen. And for a moment, I thought his name was Hazen Hazen, but then I put it together. Sorry I'm a dope. Let's stay connected so we can share. Love ya
weeze

Stephanie said...

I LOVE the pictures of his tiny hands. What a beautiful baby. I hope you continue to enjoy being peed on, because it probably won't be the last time. I'm still praying for you and Hazen.

Emily said...

Anne I love you and your little boy and I will definitely be praying for you. If there's anything you need PLEASE let me know!

Sarah said...

I sincerely hope someone buys you "peepee teepies" for your little boy's you-know-what. They are hilarious, and although I don't think I have ever actually had the nerve to use them, they can always sit on the shelf by the changing table and make you giggle when you look at them. Please tell me if nobody buys you one. I absolutely will.

Also, I hope you don't think it's too strange, being that I see you every 2-3 years, but I am crocheting little Hazen a blankie. I have recently taken up the hobbie, and have no little ones to crochet for! It will be blue and very soft, and very snuggly. I won't be offended if it gets shoved in some dark corner of a closet, I understand when people have babies, about three thousand blankies appear out of thin air; just don't tell me. :-)

Hope your lovely family is having a nice evening, and that the little man is doing well.

Ali said...

Anne,
What a sweet heart. I love that he peed on you. He has your sense of humor. Isn't it ironic that something as simple as that is almost like a tender mercy?! Who would have thought? You have our continued prayers. You are a strong mama. Your husband seems like a real rock as well. Go you!!